Hayes Wire wheel rear hub for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Hayes Wire wheel rear hub for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 08:49 pm:

I believe this to be a Hayes wire wheel hub. I have heard that these usually have the key way beat out of them. Someone has already repaired this by welding in a new center. The repair looks top notch. The hub has some pitting and the pins would need to be repaired of replaced, but I think this hub has some more life in it.

$225 obo plus shipping

Call Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:01 pm:

Daniel, Your hub is not like any Hayes hub with which I am familiar. The brake drum is riveted to the hub and the inner spokes are laced through the drum. The hubcap thread is internal.

Maybe yours is much earlier than any I have seen.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:12 pm:

I could very well be wrong on the ID

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Verne Shirk on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Dayton?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Sunday, November 20, 2016 - 09:29 pm:

I just did a google search for Dayton and I think you are right. It looks exactly like a Dayton hub.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Monday, November 21, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

Left hand threads. $200 plus shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

$175 plus shipping

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration