WTB Rear Set of Hassler Shocks for a TT Truck

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Rear Set of Hassler Shocks for a TT Truck
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Tuesday, November 22, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

WTB Rear Set of Hassler Shocks for a TT Truck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Wednesday, November 23, 2016 - 07:28 pm:

What I really need now, is two more springs and the bottom brackets. If somebody has a set of four matched springs, I could make a homemade set of bottom brackets for now until I find an original set to replace them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 01:15 am:

Hassler shocks for a TT rear ? With those springs, what is the point ?

Was such a thing actually made ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Yes, there were Twin TT Hasslers and being's you also own a TT - you know how stiff in the rear they are. The Hasslers do improve the ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Sebaugh in Jackson, Missouri on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 12:04 pm:

Burger in Spokane, why not? Like most accessory items made for Model T or TT they are not necessary but some can be down right cool to see on a vehicle. To me if it does not ruin the vehicle, does not look gaudy and is period ..... why not it is a hobby. Here is an ad for the rear TT Hassler.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 01:47 pm:

Wow - nice advertising flyer - can't say I've seen that particular one for TT Twins. I also have a '24 TT C-Cab covered express my Gramps bought new, Steven.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Lightfoot on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

I think they would look great on my 1926 TT C Cab. Steven thank you for the add. I will check with my friend Dave Huson, I live close to him and see what he may have. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

Interesting. Good intel. Thanks for the feedback.

Kinda like putting a 200mph speedometer on a TT !!! :-)

Like any truck, mine rides best with a heavy load on the back, but given the blistering
speeds the old dog can reach, it has has never shown any inclination to get the "bouncies".

Shocks are for bounce dampening, not extra load. I would bet those stock leaf springs
would overwhelm any pushback the Hassler Company could thrown at them !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 05:24 pm:

I have a set of double hasslers, Im not sure if they are front or rear, I will look in the morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 02:02 pm:

OK, I now have a conundrum. I have one complete set of rear hasslers for a TT truck, but there are two fellows on the forum interested. What to do? I have no idea what they are worth. I've never seen another set or even pictures of them other than the old advertisements. The set I have are still on the chassis and that chassis was last used as a farm trailer. I don't see any excessive wear on them, but I'm sure they didn't get much lubrication during their last several years of use. Give me a call and we can figure out details about price, shipping, removal from the chassis, etc.,etc.,etc. I live in the central valley of California, between Fresno and Bakersfield. Call me at (559) nine six seven-zero one one two

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 03:09 pm:

I looked a long time for a pair. I was outbid on a set on eBay for $850 I finally got a pair from john danuser for $500, and was pleased. He didn't give stuff away. They needed rebushed but very nice. They do not become available very often They are neat , basically jewelry as I doubt they make a difference on the ride

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 03:49 pm:

I found the set I have. They are for the front I think. Is there a difference between cars and trucks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, November 25, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

Fronts are basically the same for both other than spring diameter for load - it's the rears that are quite larger for the trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William Bennett on Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 12:23 am:

Steve and John, I have a set as described in my earlier post. I believe they should be worth $500.00. I'll need to dis-assemble the suspension to get them off, but that's not really a problem. Please call me if you're interested. My phone number is listed in the earlier post. By the way, the set in the pictures posted by Will are dual spring rears for the passenger car chassis.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration