Want brake rods

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Want brake rods
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:16 am:

I need both brake rods for a '21 Touring.
They need to be approx. 51-52" long. I have some model A rods to sell or trade. call or text 828-726-7664 Tom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:34 am:

If someone else doesn't step up, there's always:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3468B.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 10:50 am:

I have learned that the rods need to be 54+ inches long. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:00 pm:

Bought two 60 inch long, 5/16" rods yesterday for $13.00. I will cut to the correct length and thread myself. I found the clevis parts laying around for free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 12:36 pm:

Where did you find the rods? Have you tried to thread them yet? The rod will have to be the exact right diameter to thread them with a die. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 01:29 pm:

Bought the rods from our local mill supply. They handle all sorts of metal products: angle iron, I beams, nuts, bolts, etc. Haven't threaded them yet but will do that next day or so---soon as I can get a kitchen pass to spend the time in the garage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, December 01, 2016 - 04:36 pm:

Buy new ones. By time you get, bend (they do have a bend in them) and thread the rod your time will add up. If you buy from someone and they have to ship, going to cost the same or there abouts in shipping anyway and will not know how good the threads are till you get them. If you don't have 4 clevises, go price them even with your job discount they aren't cheap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 02, 2016 - 09:54 am:

Tommy: Do you or friends ever get to Colorado? I have so many brake rods that they are getting in the way. It seems like around here when ever you buy out an estate sale with T Parts, there are a bunch of them. I also have friends that drop them off from time to time. If you need rods that are PRE 26 you will have to have a bend in the back of the rods. If you need 26 they are straight. NOTE I only sell brake rods to walk ins.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration