For sale N.O.S. 1909-13 Tie rod end yoke

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For sale N.O.S. 1909-13 Tie rod end yoke
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 11:02 am:

A great find and a hard part to find
1909-13 tie rod end yoke
I have a few for sale 125.00 each plus 8.00 postage in the USA
MODELT2001@COMCAST.NET
815-633-7244
Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Saturday, December 03, 2016 - 05:42 pm:

This isn't an early part but it's nonetheless a somewhat rare one. According to Ford, it was used from December of '16 to October of '17. Before 12/16, the piece had a pronounced Y shape rather than the U shape on this piece; after 10/17 the bolt was moved 90 degrees and was then parallel to the road.

Tried to find the two I have to post a comparison photo but can't lay my hands on them at the moment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 07:37 am:

Looks like they would be perfect for a speedster in building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 11:55 am:

The piece advertised was used with the removable ball with the straight shank. It can be substituted for the earlier Y shaped yoke because the hole for the ball shaft works with a 3/8" x 24 tpi bolt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 12:35 pm:

T straight shank ball is 7/16" and will not fit, I see the difference now between u-shape and y-shape
I guess I got excited when I found these, the yoke than has no place for stud, or bolt is still a puzzle
here are some photos of what I found in this box, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 03:02 pm:

Wouldn't the yokes with no ball or clamping bolt be for the early, "fixed ball" tie rod ?

I'd sure be interested in a couple of those d.s. inner sleeves, if they're NOS !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:51 am:

If that yoke takes a 3/8 bolt, it's as R.V. says.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 01:40 pm:

This is the piece for the early tie rods.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration