Looking for a Particular Front Fender Brace

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for a Particular Front Fender Brace
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 02:36 pm:

Apologies in advance to John Tannehill for the use of his picture, but I like the looks of his front fender brace, does anyone have an extra one that they would be willing to sell?

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 06:20 pm:

I have the rod with the turn buckle/nut in the center but no ends.Bob Bergstadt might have one end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 06:45 pm:

Thanks James, I have sent a PM to Bob to see what he has, I'll let you know what he says.

Please PM me with what you would take for the rods and turnbuckle, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 07:45 pm:

If you kick up an extra end, I'd buy it. I'd also loan the end out to help complete just the rod, if someone wants to make a couple. There are different styles but it appears I have the type pictured ( minus one end ) Tmorsher@icloud.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 08:58 pm:

Mark sent you an email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, December 04, 2016 - 09:07 pm:

Got it James, thanks for the pic. We'll see what Bob says. In the meantime, another member has contacted me about a slightly different brace, he is going to send me pictures of his.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 12:52 am:

If all else fails, I can make the parts if I have patterns.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:43 am:

Thanks to Jay's timely post of his accessory index, I now know that the brand of brace I am looking for is a "Star" brace:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/196810.html?1307148330

Thanks, Jay! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:51 am:

Very easy to make with materials available at home depot etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:53 am:

Very easy to make with materials available at home depot etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Thanks Harry, yes, I could probably fabricate one fairly easily, but I'm willing to wait a bit and see if I can get a complete original one, or assemble an original from bits and pieces that various folks have.

I got an email from Bob Bergstadt, he thinks he has two non-matching fender clips, hopefully he'll be willing to drag them out of storage and send me pictures of them.

What I was really hoping for was a PM from Jay telling me that he has six original sets in the original boxes and he could be convinced to let me pry one set out of his hands. :-)

I'm also hoping that one of the Ebay sellers that lurks on the forum will put a complete set on Ebay soon. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 03:13 pm:

Mark, sent you photo's, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 03:44 pm:

Thanks Bob, I got your email with pics and sent you a reply. Although neither of your end brackets exactly matches the Star brand setup, it looks like one of them could be modified to match.

I'll hold out a little longer in the hopes of finding a complete, matching set before I try to assemble one out of pieces or attempt to fabricate something.

Thankyou everyone for your patience.

Tim, I will forward Bob's email to you so that you can see his two non-matching end brackets. If you want to buy his and modify one of them to match what you have, go right ahead, don't worry about jumping ahead of me. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 04:00 pm:

Tim, I just sent you another email with Bob's pictures attached.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 04:04 pm:

Hi, I happen to have one. I had no idea what it was. It came in about 3000 lbs of model T parts. I couldn't figure out what It was Till Now. If some one needs it, make me an offer. Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 04:12 pm:

Bill, I just sent you a PM.

Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 08:37 pm:

Mine looks like the STAR brand,missing the 2 end brackets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Morsher on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:10 pm:

Thanks Mark !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 09:26 pm:

Glad I could help, Tim. Hoping to get some pics from Bill of his setup. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 08:29 am:

Bill, I got your PM saying that you didn't get my PM, so I sent an email to the address you gave me.

It got bounced back as undeliverable, so on a hunch I changed the "e" in your email address to an "r" and sent the email again, please let me know if you got it, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:15 am:

Mark, I did get your PM. I took some pictures to show the fender brace. It looks different than the original picture. It is very nicely designed with left and right threads on the ends. There are 4 sided cones that lock under the inner lip of the fender. It did fit my 20 coup nicely. It did not fit my 16 or 25. there are 2 flats (1 on each side) to tighten the brace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:37 am:

Thanks Bill. I just checked my email, no pics yet.

I'm willing to wait for a "Star" brand style of brace to turn up, I like the way the end pieces follow every bump in the contour of the fenders. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:08 pm:

Bill has the fender brace I am looking for!

Bill, I sent you an email offer for it, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:11 pm:

Mark, Thank you It's your's

Thank you MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:37 pm:

Here's mine if anybody needs one.Make an offer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Magyor-Northwestern, Pa. on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 08:53 am:

James,

I sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Thanks to Bill and MTFCA for the "Star" style brace.

Several members sent me pics of similar braces they had for sale, I would encourage them to list their braces in the classifieds (with pics), I'm sure another member would be interested in them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A smith on Wednesday, December 07, 2016 - 07:52 pm:

My brace is spoken for pending payment.Thanks MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 09:32 pm:

Bill Crosby, I got your PM indicating you had emailed me multiple times with no response - I checked my inbox and spam folder and don't see your earlier emails, so I just sent you an email and a couple of PMs. I will PM you again with my phone number if you want to call me and skip all of this email runaround, thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 10:07 pm:

Thanks for the call Bill, you should have payment now.

I sent you a little extra to cover any Paypal fees and to compensate for your trouble. :-)

(Message edited by cudaman on December 17, 2016)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 11:50 pm:

Mark, Payment received.

Thank you
Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 10:59 am:

Got the part today, it's everything I was hoping for, thanks Bill! :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration