For Sale - 1931 Model A Deluxe Roadster.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale - 1931 Model A Deluxe Roadster.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 05:33 pm:

Anyone have any interest in a 1931 Model A Deluxe Roadster? Sale or possible Trades for bigger car, I'm 6'.5" tall 290lbs the A is too small.
Email for more pictures.
$23,500 cash.

It was a complete frame off restoration in 2002 the owner passed away his daughter kept the car in storage until I bought it in late 2012. Here's what was done according to her.
2- new rear fenders.
Frame off restoration.
Engine rebuilt and balanced.
Transmission rebuilt.
Front axle rebuilt.
Rear axle rebuilt.
New interior and top.
New tires black wall firestone.
Speedometer rebuilt.
Starter rebuilt.
New paint.

Sense 2012/13 these are the things I've done to the car.

Stripped body and fenders to the metal, new Vermillion Red paint. $4,000
Hand painted pinstripe $175
6 -sand blasted & powder coated wheels at $75.00 ea.
6 -new Firestone wide whites, 6 new inner tubes, 6 new flaps. $ 1,500
4 -New Ford script shocks and arms plus linkage $800
2- stainless tire covers. $350
3- new rear view mirrors. $150.00
New exhaust manifold $130
New battery. $100
2- new stainless running board moldings. $70
2 -new ford script running board step plates. $125
26- new lug bolts. $ ?
New radiator cap and motometer $120
New electronic ignition & distributor "6-v Zipper brand" $520
New one wire 6-v positive ground alternator not installed yet. $230
New etched wind wings and brackets $200
New fuel lines.
Newly rebuilt Zenith 2 carb $370
New Champion brass top spark plugs $125
Rebuilt horn. $225
New headlight reflectors.
New taillight lens.
New interior screw kit.
New radiator hoses and clamps.
Stainless lower coolent pipe.
New in tank filter screen.
New windshield wiper.
New fan belt .
Rebuilt water pump.

Things it needs :
Alternator installed.
Battery charged.
Tires cleaned.
Interior screw kit installed.
Rumble seat kick panels screwed into place.
(A New Owner)

Thanks if you have any questions or want to look at the car, please call me.
1-423-284-9750 11am. - 5:30 pm est.
Thanks, Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:57 am:

Simply put, your Model "A" is ABSOLUTE GORGEOUS, BEAUTIFUL is a under statement. I've owned two, still have one but not this purdey !!! Fair and reasonably priced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 04:33 pm:

Nice Model A.. Great looking car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 04:39 pm:

Thank You John, it's one of the best A's I've seen.

100% rust free body, it had one dent in the front passenger fender it was hammered out and has less than 2.oz of filler in that spot, that's the only filler I know of that my painter put in it. It was stripped to the metal. It's a rare find to get one this solid, If I was a normal sized person I'd keep it but it fits me like a tight shirt... Plus I've had some health issues along with major surgery so I don't twist and bend like I should anymore.
I've seen them priced for upper $20k to $30k I figured I'd price it at what I thought was fair I'm not making much at all and of course just like restoring a T we can't include our labor cost if we did they all would be $50,000 cars. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:06 pm:

Wow, what a beauty!

Wish I had the room and funds for it, good luck with the sale! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 06:39 pm:

Stunning car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 07:17 pm:

A most beautiful auto that Steve has.

Too bad there is not a market for a "Father/Son", Mother/Daughter, or even His & Hers
or "whatever"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-Ford-Model-A-Roadster-/172392667178?forcerrptr=true &hash=item282367582a:g:AFIAAOSwn7JYFklP&item=172392667178

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 08:28 pm:

Even your profile pic is a beauty, you are sir "one lucky guy". I actually owned 18 Model "A"s and two of them were Deluxe Rumbleseat Roadster's, wished I coulda kept them all. Ditto Mark's comment, good luck with your sale, a beauty like that doesn't last long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 10:01 pm:

Thanks guys for the comments.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve McClelland on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 01:59 pm:

Bump...
Christmas reduction...$22,500 I've had several serious lookers here's your chance to save a $1000 stop kicking the tires and buy it before I change my mind....! Last offer and my price is firm, as is where is.... Clear TN. title in hand.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration