WTB Sidelamp brackets for a Centerdoor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Sidelamp brackets for a Centerdoor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 07:22 pm:

I am looking for a pair of side lamp mounting brackets for a Centerdoor. I believe they are the same for all years but am not sure

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Monday, December 05, 2016 - 11:14 pm:

Val, can you post a picture of the bracket you are looking for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:33 am:

Kim, I am not sure what they look like. I can't find a clear picture or a part number. I was hoping someone with a Centerdoor would know. I am not even sure that they used the same bracket from '15 though '23 or that side lamps were even available on the Centerdoor in '22. My car has them but they are mounted in the wrong place with home made brackets so someone clearly added them at some point.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 09:43 am:

I believe the part # is T-3655SE we have them in stock, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 02:17 pm:

Center-door sedans did not have side-lamps after very early in 1919. Side-lamps were only provided on non-starter cars, and the center-door had a starter as standard equipment early in 1919. Many many model Ts had side-lamps added in the '50s and '60s just because people liked the "old-timey" look of them. Some were added well, and look nice. Others? Hoo-boy.
When I restored my early center-door a long time ago, it was missing the side-lamps and the brackets. I did a lot of research and looked at a lot of photos to find out what was used. I could not find original brackets at that time, but reproduction brackets were being made, so I used those.

Check this link

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3655DE.aspx

They state incorrectly that these are "truck" or wooden firewall. While these were also used on trucks, they appeared to be the primary center-door sedan bracket. A few weeks ago, there was an old photo posted on here that showed the brackets well on a center-door sedan. Their online catalog also listed a different bracket for sedans. That also appears to be an error. That was a belief decades ago, but no original photo evidence that I have seen supports it.
I don't have very good search skills, but will try to look for it. Maybe someone better than I can find it faster.
Whether you choose to install side-lamps on your car or not? Is up to you. Using proper brackets and mounting would be better for you, and the car.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 02:31 pm:

My quick search found one pictture showing the side-lamp bracket, but not the one I was looking for. Check the photo halfway down this thread

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/506218/581224.html?1445720740

The search I used was

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mtf ca%20forum%20old%20photo%20center-door

You may want to look through dozens of threads and pictures. Most of the center-door sedans you find original era photos of will not have side-lamps.

You may want to consider buying brackets from Bob B, since he was kind enough to answer also. The number he gave appears to be the right one. (But double check.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 03:30 pm:

The lamps on our supposed 1919 were apparently installed by the previous owner who was a well known restorer in the 50's & 60's - Otis Clinton from the Greater Seattle-Tacoma area.

Being an "electric start" model, it should not have the oil lamps BUT they do have the same style brackets that Wayne linked to Lang's - take notice of how they're mounted.

The first photo is our '19 & the second is supposed to be an '18.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Thanks everyone, that is exactly the information I was looking for. I actually think I have a pair of the correct ones in my parts stash but I thought they were for a TT truck. I know my car should not have the side lamps but a previous owner put them on and I just want to use the right brackets rather than compounding the felony!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration