WTB Transmission brake drum for 1924

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Transmission brake drum for 1924
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lawson-Kingston,TN on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:14 pm:

Looking for a transmission brake drum with good lugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 09:55 pm:

I should have some aloso@q.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lawson-Kingston,TN on Thursday, December 08, 2016 - 10:04 pm:

Sending you a PM Andy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, December 09, 2016 - 12:21 am:

Robert: I have some of them.I will try and get you a picture tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:36 am:

Andy: here (I hope) is two pictures of one of the brake drums that I have. It has a smooth running surface with no rivet marks. The lugs are much better than most that I take apart. They will need some filing but very little.
I don't have a picture of the Disks yet, tomorrow I am grabbing one of my Ts and headed for the hills. I have been spending too many long hours in the shop. I should have some time Sunday or Monday to get my boxes of Disks down from their back of their shelf and take some pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 12:39 am:

Brake Drum: I forgot to say the bushing is good, its snug and will NOT need replacing.

early brake drum running surface

lugs on brake drum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lawson-Kingston,TN on Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 09:08 am:

Dave: This is Robert who was wanting the drum and I spoke to you last night. Drum looks good but are those cracks on the inside of the drum running along the curvature of the drum?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lawson-Kingston,TN on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:03 pm:

Dave: How much for a set of the transmission disks that I spoke to you the other day about? The drum you said was $85 and how much for shipping? Would like to go ahead and send you a check.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:30 pm:

Robert There is no crack in this drum. I think what you see is a shadow. There is a raised spot just above the dark spot that the low speed drum runs against. It is high enough that it is casting a shadow. The reason the dark spot is crooked is the casting is very rough thus changing the plain of the shadow.

Here are some pictures of the Disks that you asked for.
From left to right the stack of disks (you will need `12 total.
1. Starts with the inside small disk with no tabs or flats.

2. The second stack is the large disks you will need 13. This stack has no flats, so you can't grab them with a hook. You about have to turn the transmission upside down and hope they drop out of the Brake Drum.

3. The third stack has two flats on the large disk making it easier to remove with two hooks. You will need 13.

4. The Four stack has 6 flats and must be used on a 26/27.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:31 pm:

Dsks:

stacks of Disks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:40 pm:

I will try that picture again:

Disk Stacks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:47 pm:

I hope the following picture will give you an idea of the various types of Transmission Disks.

1. This picture shows two disks. The one on the left is the small inside disks. The one on the right is the larger disks with no flats. I believe these are quite early and later they starting putting flats on the larger disks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:49 pm:

Small Disks and Larger Disks with not flats.

Disks, smaller and no flats

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:51 pm:

Oops That picture is of the disk with the two flats and the 26 Disks with 6 flats.m

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 07:56 pm:

I will try again to post a picture of the small disk and the 26 larger disks. Please note that all four types of Disks are the same diameter. The only difference between a small disk and a large disks is the Small disk has inside Slots and the large Disks have outside TABS.

large disks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Lawson-Kingston,TN on Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 08:54 pm:

How much for a set of the large and small disks to fit my 1924?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 01:04 am:

1924 Disk Set: $29.98 plus $9.15 Shipping.
Dave Huson, 2116 charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:34 pm:

Robert: You will have to tell me which large disks you want no flats or two flats. The six flats are for 26/27 and very, very late 25. The rest of the 25 year is two flats.

transmission on lifter

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration