FOR SALE; BOSCH DISTRIBUTOR

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; BOSCH DISTRIBUTOR
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 04:55 pm:

Bosch: $49.00 Parts for these distributors can be obtained from any VW repair shop. I believe that you can obtain Distributor caps, point sets, Rotors, Condensers from Snyders.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 05:09 pm:

Bosch Distributor:

body

internals

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 05:25 pm:

FYI - I believe you are misinformed about obtaining the parts you stated in your ad, Dave. There is a guy back East that supposedly has a stash of "original" Bosch parts - I don't believe modern VW parts will fit that original body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:21 pm:

Steve Tomaso I am surprised that you know so much about distributors because I don't. All I know is at least at one time I know guys that got bosch parts in Napa. Earlier this year got some bosch parts for a carburetor that is on one of my Ts from the VW shop in Loveland. He didn't even have to order them in he had them in stock. Also Snyders list a bunch of distributor parts in their catalog on page T33, maybe they are something else. I have always read time and time again in the MTFCA Forum that you can buy Bosch parts T distributor parts in the parts houses. Maybe there must be a lot of misinformed people besides me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 09:25 pm:

The Bosch Distributor has been spoken for.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:41 pm:

Whatever, Dave - just attempting to pass on some pertinent information ! And yes, I am knowledgeable about distributors - chill out Man !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Hills on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 11:52 am:

Steve is correct the bosch parts at local stores are for the 009 type distributer that many people have have used over the years in custom cast adaptor housings, no parts are available new for the original bosch distributors that I know of except drive gears that Dan makes modern points and condensors can be modified to work

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harry Courtneay on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 03:38 pm:

As a young model T and also a VW enthusiast back in the 60's the ability to interchange parts between the American model T Bosch and the German VW Bosch distributors was one of the first things I checked out. It was a washout --nothing. I think some the present confusion may be because some recent manufacture model T distributors are/were made using the VW Bosch type distributor

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration