Webbing Wanted

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Webbing Wanted
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 04:59 pm:

Does any one have a source for the webbing used on Gabriel snubbers. I believe it is 1-1/4" wide and about 3/8" thick. Looks like a tightly woven cotton fabric.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 06:07 pm:

http://www.restorationstuff.com

I know it's hard to get 1.25 webbing these days, but maybe they have it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Monday, December 12, 2016 - 07:38 pm:

No luck there. As I understand it they no longer make it in that size for some reason so the only source would be old stock someone has squirreled away.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 10:50 am:

Could you get thinner than 3/8, take it to a harness shop and have them sew 2 layers together? Is the snubber really functioning or just mostly for looks?

https://www.amazon.com/Cotton-Webbing-Black-Heavy-Weight/dp/B005Y54NEK

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, December 13, 2016 - 05:47 pm:

Tom, the snubbers do work but one of the straps has finally torn through. I never thought of having a harness maker sew two strips together but that makes sense. Restoration Supply does that with their hood lacing but they get $13.20 a foot for the stuff which is ridiculous since the webbing itself is $6.00 a foot. That means they get $7.20 a foot for sewing it together. I would hope a harness maker could do better than that.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration