Looking to acquire my LAST early cast running board braces 09 -10 and 1911-12

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking to acquire my LAST early cast running board braces 09 -10 and 1911-12
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joseph Geisler in Branson, Mo. USA. on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 06:03 am:

As most of you guys know I have been collecting the forged (or cast) running board braces to finish my early frames for my cars that I have been trying to finish for 50 + years now. I was going to cast new ones from Stainless (only metal tough enough to perform well) but making the pattern and figuring the correct shrinkages would have taken me awhile to get right so I just kept searching to find those needed braces almost drove me crazy. Once painted you'd never know.
I still need 2 for my 10 car and one for my 09. Also one final one for the 11 open torpedo.
As an aside note I have almost 50 of the other forged braces that (17-19 or 20 and also the 20- 22 styles that will be sold if anyone is still building up cars anymore. ????
I collected these frames from my younger teaching days thru students leads on old farm wagons. The frames could be gotten around here in the mid-west but ALL farmers either sawed off or chiseled them off for obvious safety reasons. I wanted one of each year of typical open body changes. NO closed cars, (don't Ask why ????). So if I had one of that year I passed them over unless it was better or more complete than what I had. Unless it was early. I built several 11's and a few 14's. Drove my dad crazy and he bought a barn to HIDE my junk.
I am also in searching for my LAST 12 rivet rear for my 12 Touring chassis too. I AM a retired teacher and NOT a money man (well heeled) this was a hobby I was charged with is all. I did not make the big bucks whenever I sold any of my cars. SOME of the people who BOUGHT them DID. I just brought them from the rust and ashes was all. Those who are left who knew me then know I am true in what I am saying here. MOST ALL are long gone who taught me about the early Fords and or helped. We were a different sort of fellas then who HELPED each other and had FUN!!!!
I saw tonight a 6 rivet rear just sold and I would have bought it BUT I need a 12 rivet clamshell style. I'll even take a pair of old jack stands and I'll mate them to a set of 13-15 halves. No they are not totally correct that way but at least the 12 could LOOK fairly correct. I have always tried HARD to put my cars I did CORRECTLY. WHY? I do not know I just did.
AS I drag raced hot rods, Corvettes, and Muscle cars all thru the 60's. I was never interested in the early T styled cut down models or hill racer cars. They WERE the first REAL hot rods (Bangers)!!!! But we all have something inside of us that predetermines WHAT we own or build. T's were there in my time and I LIKED what I saw, rode in, and the history the way Henry made them. PLUS these cars were the easily assembled from the cars I started doing as a lower middle class child. I started by building and racing (once a year only) a Soapbox downhill racer and next was the Go Kart craze. I built those next with help in the mid 50's. And an old Maytag 2 cylinder washing machine engine. Next came the A's and THEN the T's in progression. So I did not hot rod for a while. In the 60's you could sell correct A's and T's for MORE than a hot rod. Kids wanted the hot rods I built but had NO money. Older Dad's however had the bucks. In the early 60's these running or almost running A's and T's could be found and at ridiculously LOW prices. Many were cobbled together or a miss-mash of years. Some were just miss repaired and a few hours of research would allow me to DRIVE home their cars (with the owner standing there upset) home from their back yards. They (kids Dads) did NOT want the hot rods I built. ????? They had the money. But that WAS the way it was!!!! I HAD to sell the cars I did finish or have NO money for the next one I was driven to build.
Sorry for the rhetorical explanation but I got tired of poor comments made back at me on some of these forums so I do not get on them much. You all know each other I am HOME in my shop alone and reach out very little it seems. I MISS the EARLY friends I once had on here. Snide comments or NO responses are not fun. It's a together sport for this guy. I'm always interested in what others do with their cars. I usually just "read" on the Forum and then go to bed.
Marry Christmas to u all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 08:46 am:

Joe: Post a photo of the details Im looking for. I have a bunch of cast brackets. or send me some pics to dobro (at) artelco.com. I could possibly get lucky and find one for you...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 01:31 pm:

The brackets are not castings, they are forgings and the ears on the later ones can be built up to make them look like early brackets, Just a thought, Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration