WTB: Bosch 009 Distributor for a T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: Bosch 009 Distributor for a T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Collin Weiland on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:14 pm:

Looking for a used Bosch 009 distributor set up for my 1923 Touring. Incomplete units are okay. PM me pics and descriptions of available units. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 12:25 pm:

Will this do?

https://www.amazon.com/00-9431-B-Street-Centrifugal-Advance-Distributor/dp/B004Y 4QZNY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482254625&sr=8-2&keywords=bosch+009+distributor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, December 20, 2016 - 03:42 pm:

The 009 is what the modern made units use. You might be better off just getting a new complete unit. The 009 does not fit the original Bosch clip on distributors.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 02:56 pm:

Collin I have a box full of some VW dist's that were used on a model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 - 09:59 pm:

Unless he has a front plate or is looking for a current made distributor I wonder if he is looking for whole or parts and pieces of the 600 style American Bosch clip on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Collin Weiland on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 09:50 am:

All,

I have plenty of 009 and stock VW distributors laying around as we have had old VWs in the family for as long as I have been alive. I realize that the older T stuff did not use a modern 009. My goal here is to find a older T distributor mounting plate (with gears) and weld/machine it to fit one of my modern distributors instead of dropping $300-$400 on a complete setup.

Anyone have some cheap parts laying around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:15 am:

I would suggest a new ad asking for a Bosch front plate for distributor setup. Keep your eye on this site there was one listed a bit back that needed repair, also on ebay. You might find one on the cheap but I would not expect it.
Just so you know, I was asking questions because your ad really was a bit vague. Both the modern Texas T style clip on and front plate use the Bosch 009 distributor.
Welcome to the site and don't forget to use the forum if you have questions about the T's.
Merry Christmas!
MarkG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 11:16 am:

https://www.modeltford.com/model-t-parts/timer-and-distributor/distributors-and- parts/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Collin Weiland on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 01:15 pm:

Thanks, Mark. You have been quite Helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, December 23, 2016 - 01:36 pm:

:-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration