Wanted parts to make a touring front seat lay down.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted parts to make a touring front seat lay down.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 12:00 am:

A touring car sold on here a while back that had a neat front seat back that hinged back, thus making the car into a bed. I would like to do this to my touring car. Im looking for the latches and the flip down bar that stops the seat from tilting too far back. I suppose I could forge my own bar, but the latches would be nice to find. Cal Daniel 831-278-2742

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 03:05 pm:

Hey Dan, You saw that cool seat as well. I was really tempted to buy the car cause I liked that seat so much. Good luck with your project.

Seems like that would be the perfect camper, long distance accessory to have especially if it was at all comfy.

The real "Surf City" guy.. Sorry I couldn't help it local joke.

Gene in HB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 04:22 pm:

Daniel K, You should check with antique house restoration supply companies. Some of them also carry things like hinges and latches for ice boxes, which may be strong enough to work for such a seat.
There was a pace in Oakland Califunny that friends of mine used to go to a lot. Also one in Portland Oregon that I did visit a couple times years ago, they were really good. I heard of one around Oklahoma City (don't know WHICH Oklahoma City). I don't know if any of these are still around.
There is also a place in Eureka Califunny that I went to several times (family in that area). But I was never that favorably impressed with them or their selection.
Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy the holidays! W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 06:15 pm:

Here you go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 06:40 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 08:50 pm:

Thanks for the info. I think that's pretty neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / St. Croix Valley Mn on Thursday, December 22, 2016 - 09:54 pm:

I had one of those in my 1913 T....unfortunately I do not have a picture of the seat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration