WTB: post-style rear view mirror for closed car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB: post-style rear view mirror for closed car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Saturday, December 24, 2016 - 10:17 pm:

I'm looking for a passenger-side rar view mirror for my 1927 Tudor. The repop mirrors available are clamp-style and do not fit my car. I've got a post, so the mirror as to fit that properly. Any help much appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 01:57 am:

Try Synders they carry a reproduction of a closed car hinge mount mirror for late Model T and Model A closed cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 08:48 am:

I see they carry the interior mirror but not the exterior mirror.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 09:11 am:

Hi Eido,

Lang's has these mirrors for closed cars.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/7854H.aspx

Merry Christmas, Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Mullins Spokane Wa. on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:57 am:

I just tried one of the model a hinge pin ones on my 27 Tudor & it won't fit with out some grinding.And that is what Lang's states in their catalog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eido Walny, Milwaukee on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 12:26 pm:

Thanks guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 03:17 pm:

Eido,
Synders has the same mirror as Langs. Looks like it may need a little work to fit, such is the reproduction part world.
http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/hinge-mirror

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 03:32 pm:

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/ksc-1705?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shoppi ng-_-srese1-_-k-source&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-f3CBRCbluKf4vu008kBEiQAl-iGq7K15WfHhgzMCBd krV6PFY_nrv5gd9Z35qSXlE0yAZcaAilr8P8HAQ

Paint it paint it paint it black!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 10:59 am:

I have them on my Fordor and coupe and yes there is a lot of grinding necessary, more on the 24 Fordor.

Rick

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration