Centering tool for timing cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Centering tool for timing cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 09:08 am:

this is a quality aluminum timing gear cover centering tool that will correctly center the timer with the camshaft end ...this assures uniform ignition timing ...this tool positions on the large diameter recess that locates the timer ( not the smaller camshaft seal recess) and the camshaft end ...this tool is used whenever the front cover is installed ...either during engine assembly or cam gear replacement...price is $24 plus $6 postage in lower 48 states ...outside this area or INTERNATIONAL is actual postage amount ...I accept checks ,US postal money order or pay pal...Gene French ph.970-581-2808 230 Rochester dr. Windsor,co. 80550

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 09:23 am:

Gene, I'll take it. I'll send a PM to get email.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 11:55 am:

Gene, Is this tool one only or is it something you manufacture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 02:43 pm:

Dale and Tim:
I have built 7 of these locators using "saw drops" from a job I do for a local company ...I have a piece of 3/4" X 4" 6061 aluminum stock about 5" long left over from a 12' bar of material...these usually would just go into the recycle barrel ...instead I made up some locator tools ...based on a recent thread in the forum discussions it seems that many are not aware of the need to properly center the front cover to assure proper ignition timing ...so , I still have 6 available and can machine more with materials already cut from previous jobs ...I would rather turn these drops into finish product than to haul to salvage ...thank you MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Plank - Three Way, TN on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 05:21 pm:

Gene, I'll take one. I can send money to your PayPal account. Please PM me your email address.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 05:27 pm:

Gene, I'll take one. I am perfectly capable of making my own but at this price and my stage in life I'm better of to buy yours and spend my time on other things. I will get a check out tomorrow unless you would rather use PayPal. Dale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 09:23 pm:

Hi Gene, wow ! business is brisk. Please put me down for one, too ! I can mail a check tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Lowe on Sunday, December 25, 2016 - 10:40 pm:

I will take one of your timing gear centering tools.Will send check .thanks. David

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 09:53 am:

thanks to all how have responded ...I have sent PM's to each ...I will machine additional locators from stock I currently have ...always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 10:16 am:

Gene, for some reason my located disappeared, save me one and I will be over one of these days to see the start of you new house.

Thanks Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 02:20 pm:

Dave:
will save one for you ...also I machined 7 more this morning from the materials that were easily removed from my recycle barrel ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 03:29 pm:

I should add one to my tool box too. Sent PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Keiss on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 04:15 pm:

Gene,
Please save one for me as well.
Thanks
Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 04:29 pm:

If you've got enough aluminum stock, left, I'll take one too. Otherwise, I'll wait for the next run that you make. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 10:14 am:

I will add several photos of this tool and it's placement in the front timing cover to show it's use for the correct positioning of the timer recess with relation to the timer roller or brush ...always an optimist...Gene French 970-581-2808 email gfrench1953@hotmail.comfront cover toolfront cover tool1front cover tool2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Gilham Bellflower Ca. on Thursday, December 29, 2016 - 09:38 pm:

Got mine today. Very Nice! Thanks Gene.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 11:10 am:

Scott:
thanks for the feedback ...I was surprised by how quick the USPS was ...I sent a check to California the same day as your centering tool ...he got the check and mailed my distributor that same afternoon ( 2 days) ...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John L Williams on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 01:21 pm:

Gene: Hi From Iowa! Your locator tool looks nice! If you have any left I would like one & could wait and pick up at Chickasha if that would work? Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, December 30, 2016 - 05:54 pm:

John:
I will be at Chickasha in March as usual ...will be in the south building and will post my space # nearer the meet ...I will mark a unit with your name ...thanks and Happy New Year all ...gene french

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration