Loss of a non T owner but a enthusiasts of they hobby

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Loss of a non T owner but a enthusiasts of they hobby
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 12:29 am:

I lost my 75 year old mother this week on Monday after 15 years of sickness.This
has been one of the worst weeks of my life. I always sent her pictures from the T forum, lots that Jay posted and most members car pics, drivers or 100% show cars. She always was tickled to see the cars and how the people dressed and would email me back and ask me to send more pics as they were posted. This always lead to a conversations on Sundays about my Ts and how her grandfather owned a 23 T in Erie PA and how she was going to go for a joy ride in my 27 roadster this spring as long as she felt good enough. She loved my little 26 rpu even took pictures last year on mother's day and sent them to her childhood friends. She always told me have your fun with your model T s and A s while you are physically and financially able. Enjoy them now. I probably sent her 99% of the pics of cars of the club members to her in the last several years. Thanks to all of you guys who do a better job of posting pictures than I do! R.I.P Jocye Frances Lloid My life is forever changed without your encouragement. This forum was a source of joy to my mom who loved your cars and all people! Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 12:31 am:

Title should have said the hobby. Spell check you know. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 12:34 am:

And In classifieds sorry. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 01:41 am:

Tim,

My Dad passed a few years ago.
My Mom is still alive in Eugene, OR.
Thanks for posting.
I will make it a point to see her this trip.

Some people have wonderful memories to revisit as they
grow older which I believe can make life easier.

So sorry for your loss.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 02:08 am:

Such a sad time for you, made worse by the holiday time of year. Our sincerest condolences to you, and the rest of your family.
I wish I had some magic words for you, but they seem to fail me at this time. Do know that you have friends here that understand what you are going through.
Wayne and Linda Sheldon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 05:04 am:

Tim: Sorry to hear that. Condolences to you and your Family. Dan and Judy Hatch

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James J. Lyons III - West Virginia on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 06:16 am:

Tim... My condolences to you and your family. Our mothers were the same age. I lost mine 9 years ago today at the young age of 66. I understand what you are going through. God bless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 06:56 am:

Tim, I enjoyed it when you would mention your mother from time to time. It was special that she was enjoying the photos and able to share memories from earlier times. Hopefully those good times will help ease the pain of her passing.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 08:27 am:

Tim, my prayers go out to you. I feel your pain, having lost both my parents within 6 months of each other almost 8 years ago now. Not a day goes by that I don't think of them. Dad would've even moved back to this God-forsaken weather in the winter to be near me and the Ts, as he always loved the vintage cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 04:14 pm:

I am looking at a piece of paper that has my Dad and my Moms birth date and death date, also my Grandma's and step Grandpa's birth and death dates. I hate to say it but my Dad's the only I really miss. I did not have a good relationship with my mother in her last days. Only thing I can say is that they are all in a better place -NO PAIN- and suffering! God rest their soul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, December 27, 2016 - 11:12 pm:

Thanks to everyone. I appreciate the support and the kind words but moms heart just finally gave up on her in her sleep after 15 years of sickness. At least the suffering is over for her finally. Mom always had a great interest for the things I enjoyed CARS, just her personality. She knew I had heard all of the stories from people about model T s being hard to drive with the pedals and the ebrake but the first day I drove my first T she wanted pics and video, that my wife sent to her o her old I phone. She watched the videos and She said it didnt look to hard to me. I told her after being on the forum it wasn't a big deal. She had the pic blown up of the 26 with me driving it and hung it on her wall. She asked regularly whAt have you done to Rufus and did you drive him. The day before she passed she wanted to know if I put anti freeze in him because it's been cold and what if the engine cracks. So yes Rufus will get my best efforts over the next few years. Sorry again for posting this in the wrong place I was just not paying attention that night. R.I.P MOM, I will get encouragement and T knowledge from the T members the rest of this journey and RUFUS will be like new some day. Thanks Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration