For Sale , Rare All Original 1926 Paige 2 Dr. Sedan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale , Rare All Original 1926 Paige 2 Dr. Sedan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Monday, December 26, 2016 - 12:01 pm:

For Sale, All original unrestored 1926 Paige 2 dr. Sedan. Great condition, Original top, interior, ration stickers and WW2 Wis. Lic. 40,000 mile car. Original books and literature. Has been in storage for many years. Large 6 cylinder car. Runs good. Very rare car in great condition, $12,500. Have more Pix. Call 507 458 6778. pixpixpixpixpiixpix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Wednesday, December 28, 2016 - 08:29 pm:

bttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 07:21 pm:

would make a good rod

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 07:44 pm:

"Would make a good rod"
Why would you even suggest that?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 07:53 pm:

Looks like a good presidential car......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 08:16 pm:

Paul,

Because it belongs to Bob ....

Not you ...

If it bothers you enough to post - get out your wallet.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul jacobs on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:16 am:

Well Jim I now see what you're all about. Bob actually messaged me saying it was a New Years joke to suggest turning it into a hotrod hoping for a reaction like mine. He said he does not like hotrods at all.
Hey Jim, have you ever heard of a thing called www.Uship.com??? It's a website designed specifically for what you do. mtfca.com is for people who have a passion for automobile history and realize they are only caretakers of these great machines hoping that the next generation won't give in to a quick buck to a hotrodder. It's not for a self promoting shipper constantly looking for some free advertising.
Sorry Bob to bring your post down this road. I'm sure this will get plenty of backlash from Jim and his followers but it will fall on deaf eyes to me, I'm done with this post. Have a great new year Jim and be careful out there, you're hauling precious cargo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:05 am:

How did Jim know he was joking Paul? Get the facts before you bad mouth someone please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 10:10 am:

How did Jim know he was joking Paul? Get the facts before you bad mouth someone please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Wasn't Jim's place to comment - the question was posed to Bob !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 02:08 pm:

Play nice now!
I tried taking my wallet out, but no matter how many times I looked at it, there was no way I can buy it. I probably would if I could. I have had a '27 Paige for many years, but it is nowhere near that nice. My dad bought it a long time ago to be the great family project, but he was not good at following through with such things. So it wound up buried in the back of the garage and not done. I have researched the Paige automobiles, and talked with several owners of the cars. They are above average cars for their era, and deserve a better place in automotive history than they are generally given. One fellow that owns a Paige 6-66 as well as a few Pierce Arrows has told me he likes the Paige as a tour car even better than the Pierces.

Bob P, I do hope that you find a good home for the car! For your sake as well as the car's.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

You're absolutely correct Steve.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Bob,

Is the Paige body all steel or is it built on a wood frame?

Thanks,

Ted

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 08:54 pm:

Like most cars of that era, Paige used a wood frame body.
However, I am not Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Hi Ted, There is some wood in the body and top and is all in excellent shape. No sagging in the doors. The original top is in very good shape. It is probably the nicest unrestored Paige anywhere. It is good enough to use as it is, Thanks, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

Yes the Car has original 3 tone paint. Light green, dark green and black with black fenders. And yes I can store it until spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger Sacrament Ca on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 09:20 am:

Are parts available for the Paige or are they very hard to find like the old 29 Nash I once owned?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 02:55 pm:

In 1926 Paige built 30,000 cars. There is a great website here:
http://www.wcroberts.org/Paige_History/1926_Paige.html

I was at Bob's place and saw this car last year. It is a good car. Parts are going to be tough to find like any orphan, just like your former Nash.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 03:18 pm:

The engine is a common Continental 6 cyl used by a lot of companies. Easy for parts. The rest of the mechanical parts,I do not know if they are of common type or made by Paige. The car was made in Detroit. Body parts might be tough to come by but it does not need any now. The car is a great survivor. The Paige has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes. They lose brake fluid. That is about the only thing it needs. I guess it all depends how much you want to drive it. There is another 1926 Paige sedan advertised on the internet for $80,000 Firm. Thanks, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 04:05 pm:

Car is in MN?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 04:26 pm:

The brakes used by Paige were the early version of Lockheed hydraulic brake system. Several other cars used them, most notably, Chrysler. Paige was an assembled car, as were MOST non Ford/GM cars. Parts are usually not a major problem. The original owner of my Paige stopped driving the car in 1947 because he was a lousy mechanic and adjusted the clutch horribly, resulting in tearing up the transmission. Forced shifting ruined a couple gears. I located and borrowed a vintage interchange guide, and made a list of several cars (and even a tractor) that had used the same basic transmission (a Warner Gear Co T68A-1). One model Of Auburn was on the list, along with a few really rare low production cars. I eventually got a transmission salvaged from a Jordan which provided all the parts needed to make my Paige whole again.
I also have a couple distributors and other parts for spares for my car, should I ever get it road worthy again. A good solid original car like Bob P's Paige shouldn't be much of a problem to maintain.
It is a beautiful car! I hope a good caretaker gets it.
One thing though. Those early brakes are a bit tricky, and do require some regular maintenance. A buyer may want to contact me, and I can give a few words of advice. Everyone that I have talked to, once they got the hang of them, has said the brakes work great!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

The Car is in Southern Minnesota, 50 miles south Of ST, Paul, Mn. 100 miles North of Mason City Iowa.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wightman on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

Wish my wallet would keep up with my desire... This one would be in my garage!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:14 pm:

Very neat car it deserves a good home no doubt. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Wightman on Wednesday, January 04, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

I wanted to chime in and say that I bought a 1928 Model A from Bob in 2016 and it was a very pleasant transaction and the car was in my opinion a great deal. A nice original interior early 1928 that had received an exterior repaint a time or two, that runs great. I was able to have the car picked up by a commercial transporter at Bob's place in MN and it showed up in Phoenix about 3 weeks later in perfect condition for a transport fee of about $1,000. There are 3 commercial transporters that are willing to haul out of MN based on my investigation. Thanks again Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

Hi, I can knock off a $1000 to help with shipping costs. I can store free until April if paid for, Thanks, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Redelman, Kouts, IN on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 09:42 am:

Hi Bob, I sent a pm about the Paige. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Monday, January 09, 2017 - 11:49 am:

bttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 07:48 am:

1 last try, $2,000 reduction. $10,500. If I can not get that it can sit where it is, Thanks, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 08:53 am:

Bob, just sent you a text message.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 12:29 pm:

That's a great car for the money. A car can only be original one time and this is a wonderful survivor. Bob would be wise to hold on to it. Original cars are the hottest trend in the hobby right now and it will continue to rise in value.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 04:24 pm:

Hi Tim, My phone does not get texting, you will have to call or send a PM. Thanks, Bob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

Bob- sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 02:22 pm:

bttt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 10:44 pm:

It's a really nice car!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Brice Wilder on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 06:27 am:

WOW! BOB, I AM SO SURPRISED YOU STILL HAVE THE PAIGE! I REMEMBER SEEING IT WHEN I BOUGHT THAT 27' T COUPE FROM YOU. WISH I HAD THE BUCKS. THAT PAIGE IS A REAL STEAL!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 08:38 am:

Great and rare car to own. Bump

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration