Where to buy 13/32-16 Hex Rethreading Die

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Where to buy 13/32-16 Hex Rethreading Die
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 12:56 pm:

I would like to have one to rethread the threads on the studs or bolts for the drive shaft spool. I have taps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 02:16 pm:

Don, try Drills & Cutters .com they have a lot of taps and dies.

Rick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Saturday, December 31, 2016 - 05:19 pm:

Try MSC tool supply They are very good with reasonable prices and they ship very quick.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Skille on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 03:12 pm:

Thanks Rick and Bill but nether Drills and Cutters or MSC tool supply has them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 03:28 pm:

https://www.google.com/search?q=13%2F32-16+Hex+Rethreading+Die&rlz=1C1PRFA_enUS4 47US447&oq=13%2F32-16+Hex+Rethreading+Die&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=U TF-8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John H. Jackson II on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 04:13 pm:

Don.....I usually buy my special taps and dies from Victor Machine in New York. They can make the 13/32-16 die for you but you will need to request a quote. It will not be cheap.....John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 04:19 pm:

That's a typical British thread, not so common here. Here's one for $21 including shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-32-x-16-ANC-split-die-by-LAL-1-od-/291989209344?hash= item43fbe9c100:g:2y0AAOSwzJ5XdLPm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Don
I do not recall who, but someone who participates on this Forum had the 13/32-16 tap and die made and offered them for sale. I bought them.
You are welcome to borrow either.
Contact me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

I had them made about 10, maybe 15 years ago.... I remember Ron bought one. They were pretty expensive to have done, I think at the time they were over $35 each, but I don't remember exactly. There were a lot of people that wanted the taps, but not many wanted the dies. I think I had 12 made, and it took 6 or 7 months to sell them all. It was too much investment for almost no profit. My intent wasn't to make much money on them, it was to make them available, but it tied up my hobby funds for too long at the time. To have tooling custom made you need to order a lot to get the price down, and the demand wasn't there for the dies.

If you can find one like Royce posted I'd suggest buying it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 12:57 am:

I would have to check but I think the rethreading files should have teeth for 16 TPI. If you are just cleaning up threads might be a way to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Menzies on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 01:16 pm:

I have a set of old dies but they are stamped with the standard bolt size plus 1/32. I have seen these at swap meets, but you have to look close

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Sunday, January 08, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

If you have the tap, you can use it to make a die.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration