Wanted emergency brake lever for Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted emergency brake lever for Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Sunday, January 01, 2017 - 11:24 pm:

After 7 left knee surgeries including new joint, pseudo gout, and now boils, I am trying to built an accessory to operate the low gear peddle on my T's. I am looking for an emergency/high gear lever complete with the release handle and cog. Don't need the shaft it fastens to but could use the part that the cog catches in. I find that part is available new from most of the T supply houses.
I live about 50 miles NW of St Louis.
Due to lack of flexibility in my left knee, it is extremely hard to drive and enjoy my T's. I can be reached through my profile.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 12:23 am:

Harry, here's one on eBay for a reasonable price. :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/model-T-hand-brake-lever-/272454271195?hash=item3f6f8a40 db:g:Y0cAAOSwZJBYBBUg&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Benedict, Humboldt, TN on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Harry,I believe I have the parts your looking for. They are outside and a bit rusty but should clean up fairly well. I can cut it off the shaft near the handle and you can work to get it off the stub. It's kind of expensive since I now know you need one. $20 including sawing, boxing, post office and shipping costs. Only additional cost would be if the shipping is over $20. Have a great New Year. PM me if your interested. "As for me and my house, we serve the Lord" Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 09:56 am:

Thanks fellows. Got a phone call from a T buddy who has one and is dropping it by today.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration