Looking for a low hood

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for a low hood
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

I'm looking for a low hood in decent condition. A little rust here and there is fine, but would like to find something that is solid and has mostly original paint to match the rest of my unrestored '23 T. I guess ... this would be the type of hood no one would use for a show car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, January 02, 2017 - 10:20 pm:

So this is why I'm looking for a hood. It must have been stored in a different part of the barn ... or under a leak. It's really pitted and fragile.

'23

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Your hood looks better than mine. I would be happy to have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By TIM GRAY on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 11:58 am:

I have one in Randleman NC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

Tim , if Mark doesn't take the hood , I'm interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

I think I have one too, What is the height of the lower panel? My hood is 24 inches long.. I can measure the Side tomorrow and send a pic.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Mark, I might have one. I will look tomorrow. If not I know of a few locally that might be available.

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 10:36 pm:

The low hood has side panels that are 12" tall from hinge to bottom rolled edge. It's 25" long from front to back. Those who have low hoods for sale please send me pictures and price at mosterman@eastman.org I really appreciate it. Saves me lugging one around at Hershey.

Tommy, if I buy one of these being offered ... I'll sell you mine. It's straight and the hinges are solid ... but pitted on all of the outer surfaces. If your T is 100% rust on the sheet metal ... this is the hood for you! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

Got a hood that will fit the bill. Thanks all. Tommy ... contact me if you want my old hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Thursday, January 05, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

Mark - if Tommy passes on your old hood, I might be interested in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 08:37 am:

Mark, I never got the pics.
Tommy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

Sent them twice to your email address

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration