Centering tool for front timing cover

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Centering tool for front timing cover
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 10:02 am:

this is a quality aluminum timing gear cover centering tool that will correctly center the timer with the camshaft end ...this assures uniform ignition timing ...this tool positions on the large diameter recess that locates the timer ( not the smaller camshaft seal recess) and the camshaft end ...this tool is used whenever the front cover is installed ...either during engine assembly or cam gear replacement...price is $24 plus $6 postage in lower 48 states ...outside this area or INTERNATIONAL is actual postage amount ...I accept checks ,US postal money order or pay pal...Gene French ph.970-581-2808 230 Rochester dr. Windsor,co. 80550front cover toolfront cover tool1front cover tool2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 10:18 am:

PM sent

Thx

Mario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jamie Neilson on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 04:58 pm:

Gene
Telephone msg left, I'm interested in one of your centering tools....
(604)524-1085

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 09:59 pm:

Mario and Jamie;
sent emails with details for pay pal and will get postage amount for Canada ...also my email is : gfrench1953@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 10:51 am:

will be at Chickasha Swap Meet space SL4 in the south building with my linebore units and Babbitt bearing molds and front cover centering tools ...always an optimist...gene French 970-581-2808 ...email gfrench1953@hotmail.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 08:00 am:

will also be at the Bakersfield swapmeet in April...gfrench1953@hotmail.com gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Have built another batch of the centering tools ...price and postage remains the same $24 +$6 postage in lower 48 states ...actual postage on small flat rate box outside this area ...thank you ...always an optimist...gene French 230 Rochester dr. Windsor , co. 80550 ...phone # 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

I tried one of Gene's centering tool on one of my motors and it fit and worked excellently. I had loaned out my original one and of coarse it never came back and I can't remember who I loaned it to. I keep a ledger of loaned tools, date and to whom but this time I put the date down the item, and forgot to put the persons name down so the information is worthless.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Duquette Grand Forks, ND on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Mr. French,
PM sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 10:13 am:

I bought one in January and I already use it. Very useful and well done.

Thank you Gene!

Mario

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Dave and Mario:
thanks for the comments ...this is a simple but useful tool for a task that is often ignored ...I have wondered how many "bad" timers were discarded due to this simple positioning issue and how many "improved" timers were designed and built to correct for the front cover alignment ? always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

Anyone who is assembling a motor without this centering tool has just lost money and could have years of poor performance. For $30 jump on it now while you can. I have an original and without this tool you just can't put on the front plate and tighten away without being off center. Being off center will throw off the function of your timer and no amount of coil adjustment will fix that, like a cat you will chase your own tail. Gene is correct about "improved" timers with springs to take up misalignment.

This is a screaming deal even if you only use it one time but now you own it and can help someone else. You just can't do this job any other way to center the front cover with gaskets that crush and the improper tightening sequence with no location for camshaft centering.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Hanson on Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 02:11 pm:

Pm sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 09:01 am:

Mike:
don't know if you are the same Michael Hanson who purchased on ebay yesterday ...BUT ...if you are then your locator will be in todays mail ...will post tracking # on ebay...always an optimist...gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Will be at Chickasha,Ok. swapmeet march 17-18 in the south building at space # SL4 ...will have centering tools for those who have asked for pickup at the meet and several more available along with my linebore units and Babbitt bearing molds for models T ,A ,and B 4cyl. Ford ...see you all there ...always an optimist...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Meixner on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

I will take one for PU in Chickasha, Steve

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration