Western Auto Simmons Wizard carburetor

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Western Auto Simmons Wizard carburetor
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Friday, January 06, 2017 - 04:16 pm:

$160 + $18 USPS flat rate box shipping.

Note that someone installed an NH name plate, it is definitely not an NH. It has the flapper intact and is a good running carburetor. It was on my '14 for many years, been sitting in a box for a while so it probably needs a cleaning before use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 11:04 am:

FWIW, That is my favorite Model T carb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Is the body iron, aluminum or pot metal on this one?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Saturday, January 07, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

Mark,

It is a cast iron carburetor. The flapper is pot metal. I think all of them are that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

My Simmons carb , just like this one, has a coiled heater wire in the air intake. I wonder how well they worked on a cold winter day ? I like the flapper valve idea that shuts down a backfire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Kraft on Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 09:42 pm:

How much more power do these give than a regular NH?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

Daniel,

I think they are about the same as a NH straight thru except they have better response due to the flapper. The main jet design is quite different from an NH, the main jet and mixture needle are not the same as NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Isn't the valve that lets gas into the bowl also different and not available?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration