Wanted: Model T Tire Iron T- 2340

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: Model T Tire Iron T- 2340
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

I'm looking for Tire Iron T-2340 to complete a 1925 T tool kit. I'm looking for two, but If you have just one you're willing to part with that's OK too.

Thanks for looking.

Charles

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Reuben Lefebre on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 08:14 pm:

are you still looking for tire irons ? Let me know. I am selling out abunch of T parts that I kept as spares for all the T's that I used to own over the years .I brought some down to Florida with me for the winter.Iam quite sure that I may have some,but haven't unpacked all yet. Ben

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:28 pm:

I believe the jack handle in 1925 served as a tire iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

Larry that could be true, but the 1925 Jack handle is listed as part # T-2344 while the 1925 Tire Iron is listed as # T- 2340, as per the Tool Illustration on page 602 of the Model T Ford book by Bruce McCalley. I believe Mr.McCalley used a reprint of a period Ford illustration as his reference. Not saying you are incorrect, but that is where I obtained my information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Reubin PM being sent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 02:52 am:

Charles, if you are lucky you might find these for a Canadian car. It was pointed out to me that the part number foes not fit with current information, but the mumber embossed on the lever is the factory number of the tyre lever. The unbranded ones are much easier to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 07:38 pm:

Thanks for the additional information Allan. I have found two "unbranded" examples. These will work out for display purposes

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By wayne tomlins on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

Allan, that number 4069 that is stamped on the late T Canadian tyre levers is the TT truck number on the big lever.
I believe the commoner unstamped ones are US made.
The Model T style lever also carried over to Model A in Canada, in my opinion.
Wayne in NZ.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration