One or Two Cylinder Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: One or Two Cylinder Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael L on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 01:52 pm:

Hello,
I'd like to find a One or Two cylinder car for touring. Does not need to be pristine. Earlier the better.
Michael

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

You might want to look on the Horseless Carriage Club of America web site along with any of the other clubs that cater to the early cars. The NRS's have a web site if you are looking for a Ford, maybe someone can post it. I know several on the forum are members.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

Or just remove two of the spark plugs from the model T engine :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael L on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

Many thanks for your help. I'll keep looking. Anything like CDO, early Cadillac, or pre-05 Ford, would be great if there is something out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 04:29 pm:

Budget? Preferences. Type of car. High wheel. Big. Little. Quite a few options on the HCCA classifieds most of the time.

http://www.hcca.org/classifieds.php?cars

Not a lot of 1s and 2s there right now, but a decent REO 1 down in the non-photo section. Several steam car projects are there also.

eBay has had one off and on for more than a year that was making me frustrated. A '12 Maxwell Messenger, very nicely restored, but not not done really correctly (but not really badly either). The price had started out ridiculously high. But over the months, it went down, and down, and down. The last couple of times it was listed, it was under $20,000. Anything in a ready to tour one or two that low in price is few and far between.
I would have had to correct a few things, but I sure wish I could have gotten it (but I am too broke).

Quite a few early cars show up eBad, usually way over-priced. But often a deal can be made at something more reasonable. The same is sometimes true on the HCCA site.

Previously mentioned was the Early Ford Registry. A wonderful group. But not a lot of 2 cylinder cars for sale there. Regardless, the web site is

http://www.earlyfordregistry.com/

Good luck!
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:40 pm:

I have a 1905 Model F two cylinder Ford for sale on the Early Ford Registry website. See Wayne's link above. Its listed in the Users Forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dolph Varner on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 02:04 pm:

I have a 1909 Metz Plan Car that I will sell. 2 Cyl air cooled. In SC

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration