1923 running engine for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1923 running engine for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Thursday, January 12, 2017 - 05:37 pm:

I have a great running engine for sale with 2000-3000 miles on it after it was rebuilt by Ed Stein of South Hampton,Ma. back in the late 1960's, starts on mag cold, no smoking , no knocking, Install and go Engine# 8949541, You can hear it run and make your decision, Asking $ 3900, located 17 miles northwest of Hartford, Ct in Burlington,Ct.06013, 90 miles from NYC.,
Thanks, Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 07:23 am:

Sent a pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 01:32 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 07:56 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 05:23 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 06:09 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 08:24 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:35 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Bork on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 10:33 am:

is the engine still available, does it have a starter?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 07:41 pm:

yes it has a starter and yes it is still for sale

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 06:29 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Offered at $3750, Firm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 08:25 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 10:45 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Mazza on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:21 am:

Have ya tried craigslist

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 08:35 am:

Or lowering the price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

Come on guys and gals, This a complete running engine at $3750, More than fair, A 26 engine apart just sold for $4000, Whats up, It cost $6500-$7,500 to have a complete engine and trans done today by a reputable rebuilder, Thanks Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 08:05 am:

That engine was advertised for $4k, reduced further, and then sold for a price that was not divulged. If you're right about engine prices, then I'm not sure what that says about the current market for T's. Seems to me that a good running driver can be had for the cost of a rebuilt engine.

Good luck selling it! Sounds like it would sure help someone trying to get their car on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 09:00 am:

It is a fair price, but my thoughts was not alot of us have 3-4k we can afford to spend at once. Also the point made that it could potentially buy a running car is also a good one.

It is also timing... Maybe right now no one NEEDS an engine. Maybe in 2 months... Perhaps upon getting a tax return some one will need to buy it.

Perhaps offer it for sale again in a month if no interest right now.

You mileage may vary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 06:08 pm:

D0 I need to offer a financing package??? Contact me to discuss a program, Thanks, Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 10:23 am:

We are not trying to beat you up here Dennis . But we can buy an entire car for almost the price ur asking for , ok lets say $2000 more. Or you can rebuild an engine the way you want for $ 4k most $ 5 . Anywhere and by the best. I never had a quote of $6 or $7 k. But the thing here is that you have to find a guy with a car without an engine, because if he has his own he would send to rebuild himself for almost the price ur asking .
Dan B SAID that it was sold ?
Again Dennis : i think ur asking too much for someone that has his own engine and can send to rebuild but you are asking a good price for someone in need of an engine , and thats not easy to find .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Be patient Dennis. IMHO there's nothing wrong with your price. The right person is out there it's just taking time. I have a '23 touring with a rebuilt '19 engine. Who knows, if my engine goes south (God forbid) I may be your buyer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

Picture please.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Michaud on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 05:20 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Bailey -Farmington CT. on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

I'll buy it so I don't have to see this post anymore....... and I'll even throw in a 12 pack ...... are you still offering financing?????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

pictures please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

i can tell youve got friends in ct dDENNIS

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Spencer Vibert - Granby ,CT on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

Keith let me know when you come up my way so you can pick up your steering parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Ant pictures Dennis ?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration