For Sale: 1925 Model T Tudor Sedan

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale: 1925 Model T Tudor Sedan
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Friday, January 13, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

I'm selling my 1925 Tudor Sedan because I've found another project and need the space. I've only owned this car since last summer but have done a fair amount of mechanical work to it. This is a later model year car with the steel framed doors, improved style carb/choke adjustment, and 5:1 steering. There is absolutely no rust, rot, or repair on this car.

Body & paint: The body is perfect with no rust or rot. All of the wood is solid with no rot. There are virtually no dents or dings. The paint shines but is quite old and has touch-ups and what appear to be very small bumps on it. It is a great driver quality finish (no worries of scratching).

Glass: All of the glass has been replaced with safety glass with the exception of the rear window which I'm not sure about. There are some small cracks in the outer corners of the windshield and driver's window but nothing major and not obstructing of the view. The rubber around the back window and windshield needs to be replaced.

Interior: Replacement interior that is old. It is in generally good condition except for some random holes about the size of a fingertip in places. The worst being right above the battery on the rear seat. There is an original style brown carpet that is not shown but will go with the car. The side window and rear window garnish moldings are not correct and are home made. I do have the correct rear window molding and front door lower window moldings for it.

Roof & visor: The roof material is in good shape with no tears. It also has been replaced at some point. The visor was incorrect on the car so I built a properly dimensioned frame using instructions from the forum. It is not installed in the pictures as it still needs to be covered.

Engine: # 11893639 - Good running condition from the amount of time that I have used it. I just installed adjustable lifters, stainless valves, springs, etc. The pistons are OEM Ford .033 oversize but the cylinders all measure about 4.760" so the pistons must have been turned down. The cylinder walls have no scoring on them and the pistons are tight. A high volume oil line kit was also installed. The NH carburetor looks to be a rebuilt unit. A Texas T Parts distributor is installed and seems to work well. The radiator is original but seems to cool well and does not leak. The neck has some cracks at the top where the cap screws in.

Transmission: Appears to have Kevlar bands installed. The drums look good with no grooving or scoring. There is no magneto ring or magnets in it; oil flingers have been installed (not by me). New 4th main. The trans is very clean inside.

Rear differential: I did a full rebuild on this. Virtually everything was replaced: Regan drive shaft and pinion bearing, axles, ring & pinion (standard gearing), neoprene seals, good original Hyatt bearings, bronze thrust washers, lined brake shoes, good original U-joint, bronze front bushing. Remove the steps from the spring leaves and painted them. Greased between the leaves.

Front axle & steering: I installed new king pins, all bushings, and good original shackles. Removed the steps from the spring leaves and painted them. Greased between the leaves. New lower steering shaft bushing, inspected the steering planetary gears and pins (all in very good shape), installed new column tube because the original was cracked at the top allowing flexing when the wheel was turned.

Electrical and lights: Wiring is in very good condition. I think that it was replaced but there are little metal "Ford" tags on the main loom. The wiring is fabric coated vinyl. All lights work. Has an original 6V system with original cutout and generator. The system charges properly and the ammeter works. There are no brake or turn signal lights.

Frame: The frame is in excellent condition with no visible cracks or bends.

Wheels & Tires: All of the spokes are solid but the right front wheel is loose at the felloe. It should be fixed properly before driving on the road. There are 4 barely used "Garfield" brand tires on it with little to no age marks or dry rot. I need to install tubes on the front tires as they slowly leak down (I have the tubes and will do it prior to selling). All of the rims are split rim demountables.

Overall, this is a very nice Tudor with a fantastic body and frame. Asking price is $7200.00. PM me with any questions and I recommend anyone interested to look at it in person. I will only sell the car within the US. PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By chuck stevens on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:17 am:

Justin, really like the 25 sedan but I can't get out to look at it until spring.If you still have it I would be interested, thanks Chuck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nick Sieber on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 09:31 am:

I sent you a PM. -Nick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Anybody wanting to sell a car should see this great post. A thorough, detailed, honest description followed by lots of pictures, and a reasonable price. I expect it will sell quick.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 11:31 am:

Coming from Steve - that says a lot ...

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Saturday, January 14, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

Here is a phone number.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 01:09 am:

What a fair price on a good looking car. Now I need my garage finished to get my next T. I never find a car like that in that price range around here....Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 03:05 am:

Yes, when Steve "Geezer" Jelf says something has a "reasonable price" it means it must be "one hell of a deal".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brooks Schlieben on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 10:34 am:

Really, really nice. Actually, a steal.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 04:03 pm:

The Tudor is sold. Thanks MTFCA.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration