WTB Spoke Jack

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WTB Spoke Jack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel E. Snell on Monday, January 16, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

I would like to find a spoke jack for my demountable wheels which uses 30 by 3 1/2 inch tires.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Yeah, me too, but I'm thinking I might just have to make one. Doesn't look too hard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ronald meeder on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

Just got back from stutzman wheel shop put new spokes in mine 155 per wheel, great job RonMeeder

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 04:22 pm:

I have two. The one on the left isn't larger but is built more heavily; may be for a TT. $75 each plus $6 postage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Am new....and you can laugh LOL LOL at me after I ask this question: How is a spoke jack used?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:14 pm:

The jack on the right is "spoke"-n for; left one still available.

jay, the tool is used to force the felloe away from the end of a loose spoke in order to allow a shim to be slipped in between. It tightens the wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jay on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 07:22 pm:

Thanks RV. Learned something new.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 11:18 am:

Both are "spoke"-n for; thanks MTFCA!

No problem, jay; that's what the Forum and this adjunct is for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:49 pm:

Please check Ebay for spoke jack
http://www.ebay.com/itm/391681194173?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Husa on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 07:54 pm:

I bought a spoke/wheel press last year on ebay
SEEBERG AUTO SPOKE & RIM PRESS by UNIVERSAL MACHY MFG. SACRAMENTO CAL 1922
SEEBERG AUTO SPOKE & RIM PRESS by UNIVERSAL MACHY MFG. SACRAMENTO CAL 1922
( 351727176105 )

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration