1925 Ford Roadster pickup for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 1925 Ford Roadster pickup for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 11:03 am:

little mileage since 3 year old overhaul (including transmission) from Ron's Machine Shop Shandon, Ohio including:

- block magnafluxed, resurfaced and painted
- new aluminum pistons and rings
- new stainless steel valves
- new adjustable lifters
- new aluminum timing gear
- new steel crankshaft gear
- new camshaft
- crankshaft reground
- rebabbitted rods
- new aluminum head
- magneto coil rebuilt and magnets charged
- new Kevlar bands, nuts and washers
- modern oil seals

Excellent restoration
new wood on bed
turtle shell that came with the car
side curtains
clear title
professional clear coat paint job for a stellar appearance

Immaculate
located in Northern Kentucky
$23,900
ready to drive

pictures of the car from a local magazine shoot for an alcohol distributor

Owner:
Greg Morehead

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on January 18, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Not sure of its value but it's a nicely done T. I would imagine it cost $20k to complete it to this level. Normally we don't get what we put in them back out, especially if you bought the car and restored. Jmho Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Wednesday, January 18, 2017 - 09:03 pm:

Jesse:

That is a fine looking Roadster Pick up indeed. I am just in the throes of just repainting mine, and the money you are asking has already been spent, no interior yet.

Can you tell us about the pick up bed? is is an original '25 bed or what? Looks perfect.

Thanks, Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, January 19, 2017 - 12:02 pm:

The pickup bed is original, but I don't think Greg got it mounted correctly on the rear of the body. For some reason he had to off set the rear fender irons.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael - Detroit, Mich on Friday, January 20, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Listing states new wood on bed.

What a great looking car.
Out of my price range though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 10:41 am:

>>>Can you tell us about the pick up bed?<<<

Hi Erik - The next time I see Greg, I'll ask him but I would refer any questions about the car directly to him at the phone number listed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Friday, January 27, 2017 - 10:55 am:

>>>Listing states new wood on bed.<<<

I chuckled out loud when you pointed that out, Michael. I read a book recently called The Hidden Persuaders by Vance Packard published in 1957. One of the stories is about how Chrysler hired a psychologist to conflate cars with sex in advertising during the 50s. Apparently, Madison Avenue peddles everything to us from toothpaste to politicians to lifestyle to foreign policy by appealing to our primal, sub-conscience needs. It's a fascinating read and an interesting complement to the Netflix series "Madmen" - here's a sample:

quote:

A classic example of the way motivation analysts found merchandising possibilities in our deeper sexual yearnings was a study Dr. Dichter made for Chrysler Corporation in the early days of Motivational Research. His study is now known as "Mistress vs Wife."

Dr. Dichter was called upon to explain a fact puzzling marketers of the auto. While most men bought sedans and rarely bought convertibles, they evidently were more attracted to convertibles. Dealers had found that they could draw more males into their showrooms by putting convertibles in the window. After exploring the situation, Dr. Dichter concluded that men saw the convertible as a possible symbolic mistress. It set them daydreaming of youth, romance, adventure just as they may dream of a mistress. The man knows he is not going to gratify his wish for a mistress, but it is pleasant to daydream...

By the way, it wasn't a conscience premeditated line. I guess my sub-conscience is revealing itself in mysterious ways and you were there to witness it.

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on January 27, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, January 28, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

>>>Can you tell us about the pick up bed? is is an original '25 bed or what?<<<

Hi Erik - It is a 1925 bed that Greg bought locally to replace the turtle deck. So it didn't come with the car but it is the correct component.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 01:06 pm:

So essentially, you'd be buying a virtually brand new 1925 Roadster pickup with accessories and it's still cheaper than a Lexus.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration