5 ball carb

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 5 ball carb
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 03:04 am:

Just an FYI. This 5 ball is missing the air inlet tube and has the wrong adjuster on the throttle adjustment. It is not mine and I will not be bidding on it. The description says it is complete and all original. Be your own judge of what it is worth to you but as I said, it is missing the air inlet tube.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-1910-1911-Kingston-5-Ball-Carb-for-Ford-T-Carbureto r-RARE-/152363397734?hash=item237990f266:g:X10AAOSwal5YMqDm&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 05:44 am:

Do you think that the needle has been replaced?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brass TT on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Not sure how many people realize the fact, but Kingston made the same Five ball carby in different sizes for different applications ? They all look similar, just in bigger (and smaller ?) units. I purchased one at a swapmeet many years ago in "unused" looking condition but based upon throat size, compared to model T, possibly for up to a 5-600CID engine ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:38 am:

There are at least 9 different sizes and configurations of 5 ball carbs. There may be more but I either have or have had 9 different ones. Many of the early ones had a threaded flange, as did many of the other early carb companies. Pipe thread was very common. Schebler, Kingston and others made carbs with threaded connection sizes from 1/2 pipe up to at least 2 inch and probably larger. It was a pretty good system, the same carb could be used on a variety of engines that way. Kingston 5 balls were made in the nearly same configuration with the Model T size flange and with a threaded flange that accepted 3/4 pipe. I have a few threaded flanges and know of at least on 1910 T that is running a threaded flange with a flange adapter. The carbs with the threaded flange tend to be worth half or less of a T 5 ball.

Many early 5 ball carbs were used on big tractors. I have two setting here waiting to be done for a big tractor in California. Forget what it is, maybe a Happy Farmer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 11:56 am:

Kingston made a huge double 5 ball for a tractor. One bowl was for gasoline and the other for kerosene. A lever allowed one to adjust the mixture of kerosene and gasoline.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

Like this one. This was buried in the mud and dirt in the floor of fallen down barn for 50+ years when the guy bought the tractor. They dug it up and sent it to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

Looks like the needle has been replaced with a later one, the throttle lever is wrong for a T. Missing the inlet elbow, gas inlet elbow and inlet seat cap. If you happen to have the parts, you could have a nice carb. Just FYI, I'm not picking on the guys carb!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Nice job on the tractor carb Stan, really looks nice. Kim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration