Wanted 1912 Holley gas inlet elbow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted 1912 Holley gas inlet elbow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Sunday, January 22, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

Can anyone supply? Reproduction is OK.

a

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

Layden, can you post a photo of what it looks like. ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Magas on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 01:44 pm:

Hope this is the one your talking about.holley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:25 pm:

Thank you Walt
Will need the nut that holds the elbow on as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Some where in my parts, I think I have one of these but think the nut is missing. Is this nut replaceable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

There is a little more to that assembly than meets the eye. The piece inside of the nut - the coupler - is shaped to match the bottom of the flange of the bowl. It fits inside the nut and a 1/8 inch pipe thread male stem sticks out through the hole in the bottom of the nut. That male stud threads into the female thread of the extension, which of course is threaded 1/8 pipe female.

If it all fits as planned the coupler is tightened against the bowl flange and the extension is tightened against the male threads. It is usually necessary to loosen the nut several times and turn the assembly to a position to where the threads are tight and will not leak.

The thread on MOST of those bowls is 1/2 x 18 special thread, it is not - as some allege - 1/4 inch pipe (NPT)which is a tapered thread.

Some are 5/8 x 18, one I had was 9/16 x 20, a few are 5/8 x 20.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

So who can supply reproduction?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Layden, Ernie Brown made some a few years ago. When Ernie passed, Glen Johnson bought all the tooling and parts. I think he sold everything to Russ Potter a couple of years ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 08:57 pm:

Russ may have them,but he's currently in the hospital . I would wait awhile before trying to contact him.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration