25-6-7 TT Truck project-express box-square cab for sale

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: 25-6-7 TT Truck project-express box-square cab for sale
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 01:22 am:

We had this truck in an auction last June, sold it to a friend of mine, he decided he will never get anything done with it so I bought it from him awhile back. I know that "never get anything done with it" story so I want to resell it. Need some money, too much stuff, hate to see it just set there -- all that.

It is probably a 25 since it has the narrow pedals but your guess is as good as mine.

The express box is pretty decent and has the tailgate.

As you can see, both doors are on the square cab as is the windshield frame.

BOTH rear fenders are there.

It has a Warford behind the transmission.

Looks like a worthy project to me. I really like the little grain door somebody added to the express box tailgate.

Payment in full now, you can come get it when the snow melts in Montana. It is not too likely that I could get it to Chickasha but depending on the weather I might be able to get somebody to haul it for $$$$. Located in Helena, Montana. It came from dry, windy northern Montana where things don't rust much.

I want $1950 for it, the box and the doors are probably worth that, everything else is free.

stanhowemt@aol.com 406-949-3448

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 06:04 am:

Looks like a heck of buy to me. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Yeah, considering that I sold a driver's side door at Chickasha about ten years ago for $500 and the passenger side doors bring 250-300; the box is worth $800-1000 with the tailgate and the fenders another 2-3-400 at least even with the wrinkles in them and that the original running boards and all that is there it seems like a fair price to me. The engine is all there, the head is off but that's no big deal. I wish I had a few more detail pictures of the cab but I couldn't find any. These are the photos that were on the auction advertising.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:35 am:

I thought I had a couple of the interior but this is all I could find. Better pic of the drivers side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:46 am:

It has a Warford also which is worth a few hundred $. This is certainly a good restoration project.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 11:55 am:

Stan, the easiest way to tell a 25 from a 26-7 is the dash. It will either mount the rectangular pre 26 switch plate with ammeter, or mount the 26-7 rounded switch plate with ammeter. Even if the cab is off the frame or has the wrong trans, this applies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Concerning what year this truck is, if it was built on or after December 12, 1925, it will have the original engine number stamped on top of the frame. This number is usually on the right side about where the passengers feet would be, but is sometimes found on the left side.

I see that this truck also has the longer running boards with boot scrapers. These are usually a '26 - '27 feature.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

I'd go take a look but it is under a couple feet of snow as is the road to get to where it is parked. IIRC is has the rounded 26/7 dash cutout. Thanks, guys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andy Loso St Joseph, MN on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 03:07 pm:

It doesn't have the T moulding on the back seems of the cab, so I would say it isn't 26-27. The dashes can be changed easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

The dashes on the 1925 and 1926-27 Ford TT closed cab are not all that easy to change out because they are riveted to the door hinge pillars and cowl area, a area that is hard to get to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Monday, January 23, 2017 - 09:08 pm:

It's a greAt old truck wish it was in ringgold Ga. Cool truck. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration