For Sale High Speed TT Worm Gear and bearings

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale High Speed TT Worm Gear and bearings
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:05 am:

I have a high speed worm gear for a TT. I do not have the ring gear. Their is some pitting to the shaft. I believe it and the bearings would run OK as is in a TT in normal use. It would need repaired for a TT that a person plans on a lot of miles of use. A person could machine down the bearing surface, press on a sleeve and then turn the sleeve to stock size. There is a little wear to the worm teeth, but is minimal. Please look at the pics and e-mail or PM message me if you have any questions... or just post them here. Ill take 100.00 plus shipping for the worm and bearings. There is a TT high speed ring gear on e-bay at this time with a 75.00 buy it now. It is also worn some, but for 175.00 a person could have a high speed setup for way less than the 1800.00 they currently are as repros.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Here is a link to the high speed ring gear currently on e-bay. I have no connection to this auction. But it is the companion gear for the worm gear Im selling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231999093776?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barrancotta on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

Hey Donnie.
I'll take it.
Sending a PM with address so we can work out the shipping cost.
Tony B.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Justin H. - Western PA on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

The worm above is the low speed one and the ring on Ebay is also low speed. The high speed worm has 6 teeth and the ring has 31.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, January 26, 2017 - 05:03 pm:

Justin, Thanks for setting me straight. . My mistake... I was thinking the 4-29 tooth was the high speed. That's what I get for thinking... :-( ..... If anyone wants this stock low speed set, Ill take 20.00 plus shipping. If not Ill just oil it up, and put them back on the shelf for the next generation ....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration