Wanted early hand crank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted early hand crank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Smithwick Eastford , CT. on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 04:28 pm:

I am looking for a hand crank for 1910
T engine .
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

I have several of the handle & pins available - send me a note.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Smithwick Eastford , CT. on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Steve I am looking for the whole hand crank .
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, January 30, 2017 - 07:42 pm:

I'll look in my stack - might be a little later tapered handle one that you can install one of my handles on ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Daniel Smithwick Eastford , CT. on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 09:42 am:

btp

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I have an original hand crank and handle in great condition. I'll post a picture later.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:38 am:

The handle I have has the threaded bolt but no slot. Looks to be an unaltered original. What year was the non-slotted bolt produced? Royce?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 11:49 am:

Photos attached.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

Is that wood, Mark ? According to current printed literature available, wooden handle was early '09 then "composite" from later '09 to '11.

The ones I have were machined by Otis Clinton - 30 to 40 + years ago - he had a '10 (from Harrah's) and was known to be a "purist". I know your Dad purchased some of his machined parts long ago from Otis !

Perhaps Kim Dobbins might care to weigh in on this subject.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

The handle looks to be composite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robbie Price on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Mark,
I could use it if Daniel is not interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 01:02 pm:

I had several inquiries. The crank handle has been sold to Dan. Thank you Dan. Thank you MTFCA!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 02:34 pm:

Mark I don't know, but I would say it is pretty early. The rivet hole is another interesting topic, I would like to know when it was drilled offset and when it was level like the one in your photo.

I like the ones that are drilled off level, they place the swing of the crank from 10:00 - 1:00 instead of 9:00 - 12:00. Easier for me to crank that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

Thanks for the info Royce!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Martin on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 04:30 pm:

The rivet hole for the ratchet was moved from "90" to 60 degrees (from a line drawn vertical) on 4/14/09. Another interesting feature of the crank that Mark C. shows is the smaller diameter of the arm just adjacent to the handle. This 1/2" diameter was changed to 9/16" on 8/24/09 which remained until the part was changed to the the simpler type around 1921.

The handle, T520, indicates its the same as N-937. The first drawing date is 12/31/07, and specifies "Hard Rubber". Interesting to note is that up until 1/8/12, the handle was knurled rather than being grooved like most reproduction handles we see today.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration