HELP ! ! ! ! !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: HELP ! ! ! ! !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 02:23 pm:

I just purchased the "through the windshield" spotlight from Chuck Smith. I've never owned one nor mounted one especially thru the windshield. There has to be that "sweet spot" for the correct position in the lower glass. The glass needs to be replaced anyway (safety) but once that hole is cut, well that's it, NO moving it to another position. Sooo, where is the ideal spot/location to mount this devise ??? Will it weak'n the glass, chances greater for the glass to break when mounted in certain areas ??? I'm thinking maybe driver's side near the top of the lower paine and still have good adjustment for the light. Sure would appreciate someone's input/advise on positioning this spotlight. I plan on restoring this entire light and want to do it correctly. Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 04:23 pm:

I'd suggest right in the center of the lower glass. That way both the driver and passenger can operate it, and the steering wheel shouldn't be in the way.

BTW, are you going to mount this in your '14 which has the lower glass tilted back? That makes a big difference, of course.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 04:59 pm:

There may be some other ads showing them installed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 09:59 am:

The sweet spot would be where it won't interfere at all with your view of the road or with yourself/passengers entering/exiting the car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:09 am:

Try these past threads.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/206186.html?1305403823

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/97712.html?1247246975

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/80257/118122.html?1261808722

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 11:25 am:

Hey guys, this is really good information. The only thing I couldn't find was the diameter needed for the hole ??? I would assume that most any glass companies should be able to cut this hole ???

Keith, NOPE not putting the 14', mainly because of the angle. Thought about cutting small 8 1/2" circles outta the windshield and making headlight glass, hate to just trash it !!! Thinking about putting the light on the 22' Touring or the "TT" stake bed. Maybe I'll get lucky and find another light and use it for the other application.

Thanks for the illustration Richard, very helpful. Jerry, Jay, your input was most useful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

Any chance that just maybe someone may have another spotlite like this willing to part with ??? Decided to mount the light dead center of the lower windshield glass, thanks guys for your responses.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 10:04 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 11:32 am:

John,

I have one. It's a "Circlite". The black bracket is something someone added to mount it other than to a windshield. You can simply remove that and then use it as designed. PM me if interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

sent a PM Jerry, thank you for responding

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration