Chickasha 2017

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Chickasha 2017
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

ok!! i was going to bring a truck and trailer load like i use to do. but they wont let have my old spaces back. they need food venders there. so i am going to bring one table of high dollar stuff. if you want any 5 & 10 stuff you will have to let me know. see you there. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

Charlie, Is there any other spaces in the south building you can move to. I do not think it really matters where a person is located in the building. People will find you... I love your 5 and 10 stuff. I always try and buy a bunch of it ... :-) :-) We need you to bring your stuff .... Im going to bring more stuff this year. If nothing else but to help keep the Chickasha meet going ... It needs vendors to survive ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Charlie, the south building has worked well for me the past several years ...there were a LOT of open spaces the last several years...a lot of open spaces outside too...always an optimist...gene french

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 11:36 am:

Check on spaces across from Gene's at Gator Group location. Probably gone by now. A couple of regular vendors folks are not attending.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

i tryed moving in 2015 but covered expenses that was it+ a lot of work. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 02:10 pm:

What we need are more customers that are not vendors. Last year at least 75% of what I sold, I saw in someone else's booth for sale again. Can not make any money selling stuff that way. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Dallas TX on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 02:42 pm:

South building is fine for me. I could not put the money in my pockets fast enough, there were more customers than I had parts for. I priced my stuff fair and stuck to my prices. Anything that was good was sold by the time I packed up to go home.

I sent you a PM Charley.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

thats it i am just to high on my junk,everybody knows that.ask me if i care ha,ha. Royce i will look tomorrow. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

I always sell very well at Chickasha. Never really cared if it was to another vendor or just a tourist walking thru. If I got what I wanted for the part, that's all that mattered. If I see it on another space later. That's OK also. If he sells it then both of us made something. But a lot of time the parts are just re-priced because people see the parts and ask about the price. The second mark up is often priced high enough hoping that no one will buy it, because the guy really wants to take it home with him. I have bought stuff several times at swap meets for myself. But instead of trying to hide the parts I just remark them at a very high price. Every now and then they sell. For example I bought an old hit and miss engine I really wanted for my collection. I bought it for xxx.xx dollars. It was big and heavy so I just re-marked it 6 times what I gave for it. That price was about double what I thought it was worth. The last day a guy came by and bought it. No haggling or anything. Every swap meet is different and every sale is a unique transaction. With Chickasha getting closer, and as I have said before 'may the games begin" see ya'll there ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

Hey Donnie nicely said I have sold lots of stuff and have seen it remark on eBay or in somebody else's both I look at it is I got what I wanted that's all it matters

Thanks Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

I have sold at lots of swap meets and bought parts. But mostly to just regular guys buying but when I put my stuff up for sale I sell it cheap because I have no use for it anymore. Sometimes I see people walking with my parts and see them at other vendors spots. For many years I have raced and sold lots of old race junk and restored 65-70 mustangs and ad the leftovers.Hope to by some more common old stuff in better shape this year for my A model and one T. My mom passed a month ago so I want to get my dad out of the house. He 75 but he can walk further than I can without stopping. I might never drive out there again, if I can get off from work. I heard from Dan H say there are some really decent meets several hundred miles closer and better. Might try to do several. Might see some of you out there. Just have to see how work goes first. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration