Looking for Good Used Splash Aprons

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Looking for Good Used Splash Aprons
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 10:32 am:

My splash aprons [1923] are toast where they approach the edge where they fit into the running boards. Anyone out there have a used but solid set that looks like these?

splash

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 12:49 am:

Mark: Do you ever get out to the Denver Area? I have some very good splash aprons. Some were NOS if I still have any of them. I have always only sold splash aprons to Walk Ins.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 07:25 am:

Hey Dave,

No, it's a long drive from Rochester, but from your frequent posts I can see that you have the elephants graveyard of model T parts. I would love to see your stuff.

Actually I just bought a nice pair in eBay that was in Johnstown Colorado. They also don't ship ... must be a Colorado thing. But I had a friend drive from Denver and they will pack them up and ship them to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 01:05 am:

Mark: I am glad you scored your splash aprons. I used to mostly buy new ones because I did want to spend a lot of time ironing out a used pair. But now they have gone up so much in price I might change my tune.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 08:26 am:

Well ... I have been trying to keep the '23 as a "survivor" and stabilizing the patina. The internals of the drive train and important chassis elements will be repaired and rebuilt. This aprons always rust out where they meet the running boards and it's not so easy to patch that 1" channel.

The splash aprons on eBay from Colorado look solid but not new ... just what I'm looking for. I'm planning to use the metal on the old splash aprons to make tintypes.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration