Wanted: 6 or 12 rivet rear end for 1911

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Wanted: 6 or 12 rivet rear end for 1911
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 11:12 am:

O.K., the "American Pickers" 1911 Touring project begun two years ago is back on the front burner. I advertised for a 6 or 12 rivet rear end then and received a few replies, all of which I replied to and then passed along to the owner of the car. He purchased an unrestored 1911 Touring in the interim, so this restoration project went dormant. Now that the owner wants to finish this 1911 Touring, we're looking for a 6 or 12 rivet rear end again. Just the axle housings and two-piece torque tube are o.k., although a complete rear end would be better, especially with the correct spring. We are located in Davenport, Iowa, but we are willing to pay shipping for the right rear end, which will be rebuilt. Within reasonable driving distance from the Quad Cities (250 miles?), a pick up from the seller is also possible. Thanks!
Marshall V. Daut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 04:09 pm:

I believe Layden Butler still has one for sale:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/665254.html?1485893870

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Carpenter on Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 05:24 pm:

I have a perfect pair of 12 rivet axle cases for a 1911 T which I can sell to you for $2250.00 plus shipping if you want them. I am in France.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Lewis on Friday, February 03, 2017 - 02:21 am:

Marshall, I have a nice set of late '11 early '12 12 rivet housings and 2 piece driveshaft. Pm me if interested.I'm in Oregon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 10:15 am:

btt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:04 pm:

There's a 12 rivet on Ebay for $1,700 plus $125 for shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-12-Rivet-Rear-Axel-Complete-1912-1913-1914- Original-/282355576856?hash=item41bdb43018:g:C78AAOSwNRdX~Vtg&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

The 12 rivet on EBay is not a 12 rivet clamshell and not correct for 1911-1912. It's for a 1913 or 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Friday, February 10, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Good to know. Thanks Les!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 02:38 pm:

This one just popped up. 2 piece driveshaft correct pinion bearing housing. 12 rivet rear.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-1911-12-Pancake-Style-12-Rivet-Rear-Axel-As sembly-Complete-/292025886458?hash=item43fe1966fa:g:6i8AAOSwWxNYn1zG&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marshall V. Daut on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 12:09 pm:

Thanks, Benjamin. We're aware of this style rear end's scarcity and value, and we're willing to pay a good price for the right rear end (preferably with the correct spring). But this eBay offering is over-priced in my opinion, nice though it may be.
Marshall

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 01:41 pm:

Marshall based on what I've seen at the swap meets that's a really good price, two piece drive shaft, forged brake rods, correct brake rod supports, early radious rods (can't tell about the closed pinion spool housing), rear axle housings plus it appears to be complete with the axles and differential case, backing plates look good and a period rear axle support truss. I think I paid 1800 for just the housings for one of my cars. Several years ago. If that would have been available then I would really have considered it. As always I may be wrong and just overpaid but you just don't see these often. I have no connection with the seller or the item. This is just my opinion. Good luck in your search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 01:55 pm:

I should also mention after looking at it again it appears that it does nor have the support plating for strengthening that area that were later added around the opening for the drive shaft. I haven't seen that in a while.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration