McLaren wheels update

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: McLaren wheels update
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 08:35 am:

I am now in full production of McLaren wire wheels. I will be coming to Chickasha and can bring sets of wheels if you place your order in the next two weeks. This will save you the cost of shipping. Please contact me on weekends or any weekday after 5:00 CST if I can be of service. You can also text me anytime and I will get back to you. 319-four three zero-499 five. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

Mike, could you please post pictures of the range and pricing. I am sure the members here would like to know. Do you have a website of your own?
Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 07:36 pm:

Thanks Warwick, I have not developed a website yet. You can see the wheels at McLarenmfg.com
Please call me for pricing. Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 10:48 pm:

Are they knock-off type (for ease of changing tires/wheels) like the Buffalo wire wheels?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:21 am:

Robert, McLaren wheels use your standard Model T front and rear wheel wood hubs. You find these hubs and remove all of the wood, bolts, and rim. You are left with a hopefully good hub. I supply special bolts and spacer nuts that are used to secure to your bare hubs. The McLaren wheel secures directly to your hubs with 6 acorn nuts that I provide. The clearance between a Model T hub and the McLaren wheel center is very minimal so the acorn nuts have very little or no stress to hold the wheel. If you use 30x3.5 wheels all around then they are 100% Interchangeable. Same would be true with 21 or 23 demountables or 21 drop centers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Thanks Mike!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

I'd just like to say that I'm glad Mike bought this business and is going to continue to make the wheels. I'm sure he will provide a quality product and good turnaround time. As many of you know, he is the guy who makes the reproduction carbide tanks for the early cars.

I have known of this for several months but didn't say anything until Mike made the announcement.

Best wishes, Mike!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike-Iowa on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

Thank You Stan and Thank You to those of you who have purchased wheels from me and/or inquiring about them. I will build at least 10-30x3.5 clincher rim wire wheels in the next couple of weeks. I am currently working on a set of 21 inch wire spoke "demountables" for one of our Model T "celebrities". He will almost certainly put them through a thorough endurance test. I will be bringing an example of a 21 inch "drop center" wire wheel that uses a 4.50x21 straight wall tire. I have enough 21 inch drop center rims to build 6 if there is a request. These are "beefy" and would be great for those who have extra horsepower and want to push the Model T limits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Niedzielski on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

Mike, it would be fabulous if you could post a few pictures here on this thread of the 21 inch drop center wheels whenever you have them completed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration