WANTED: 1919-22 RHD Roadster

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: WANTED: 1919-22 RHD Roadster
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Boyer on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 04:12 pm:

Condition not that important, but having the unique RHD parts is. 1921 MY preferred, but not critical.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Ralph, there is a 26-7 roadster advertised for sale in our latest club magazine. Au$16000 price would be approx US$11500. I don't have any idea on shipping charges to the US.

It would be far cheaper to convert a US car using the correct RHD parts from Australia.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Boyer on Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Hi Allan,
Thanks for the reply. I have a Canadian pickup box that's for a 19-22 roadster, so that's why that vintage car. Really, if I could find a roadster body with the opening left door, I could probably do what you suggest. I do have a few bits of RHD parts, courtesy of Mark Herdman, so I don't need everything - but close to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 03:54 am:

Ralph, if you decide to buy a car or body from Australia let me know as I'm looking for someone to share a container to the USA with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Chatten on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

Hey Ralph , When you were in Hershey last fall you were talking to a friend of my that had a 1920 ford roadster pickup in the red field for sale , He still has it for sale if you would like to get a hold of him contact him at jbelljholmes@gmail.com.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

I don't think all of Canada was right hand drive in that time period. Please take no offense to this, but unless you start with a whole car or live where right hand drive is common in your country, I would walk away from the direction you want to take your project. I worked on one that was being put together from bits and pieces and it was a lot more work then fun. It's a lot more involved then just having a hogs head to start with and maybe a couple of other pieces.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Boyer on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

Hi Mark,
From what I understand, the eastern and western provinces were RHD, the heartland was LHD. Later, of course, that changed to all LHD. Please, someone far more versed in Canadian driving history set us straight.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Boyer on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 07:16 pm:

Hi Rob,
I thought that car was long gone. Let me get my ducks in a row and I'll be contacting John. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 11:39 pm:

Hi Ralph
I'm in British Columbia and we had RHD T's until the late teens. I believe the only other province to do that was Nova Scotia. The rest of Canada was always LHD. I have both left hand and right hand Canadian Model T's. Lots of fun remembering which lever does what when I switch cars. I've never run across a starter RHD hogshead out hear so I think by 1919 Ford was giving us LHD only.
Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ralph Boyer on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Rob,
Thank you, I just fired off a note to John.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration