SURE STOP DISK BRAKES INSTALLATION

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: SURE STOP DISK BRAKES INSTALLATION
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Monday, February 06, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Hi Everybody, I'm getting ready to buy/install a set of Sure Stop Disk brakes on my 1923 Touring. Any thoughts or helpful hints would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:46 am:

Post your question on the regular forum. This is the classifieds. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Sillery on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 08:40 pm:

I have them on a 22 Depot Hack. Had them put in 18 months ago. Was told they were straight forward install. Used a lot of shims but mfg says that par. Live on a steep driveway with hard right angle turn at bottom. They work well. I take my grandkids out!

They do not grab as you might think they should for discs, no hydraulic assist. Must bleed system each in Spring. Had one issue. Very close to inside wheel spokes. Had to bring off the logo letters. If you have a wobble or warp you may have a problem larger than mine. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ2jQfmLCx0

Have been told Rocky Man brakes are very poor in rain. These seem fine as I tested wily soaking them good and attempting my driveway.

You do know you need to mfg modify your brake pedal. No big deal

Hope this helps. Let me know

Russ Sillery

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration