FOR SALE; STRANGE TIMER

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; STRANGE TIMER
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:50 am:

Strange Timer: $20.00. When I first glanced at this timer in the bottom of a box I thought "GOOD A NEW DAY". But when I pulled it out it was a timer I had never seen before. It has 4 rods sticking out of the inside that are spring pressed. Were a normal roller goes it has a flat disk with round contacts. The disk is set up to mount on the end of the cam shaft just like a regular roller and go in circles. Both the body and the disk have the trade mark SPAD Made in the USA. Please include $9.15 shipping.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:03 pm:

spad

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:13 pm:

Mark Thanks a lot I could see how this worked until I saw your information. They sure made a lot of different timers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Mark: I meant to say "I could NOT see how this timer worked until I saw your pictures. Again THANKS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:19 pm:

Dave..stupid question..any wear on the brushes? Is it basically unused?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 01:23 pm:

Dave...stupid question here...any wear on the brushes, or does the thing seem to be fairly new?
Really kinda interested in it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:15 pm:

Tim, I am going to try and post a picture. The flat round disk goes has a 1/2 flat spot that does show some wear, you can feel it with your finger when you rub it over the Disk. You can see a square white spot above in the disk in the picture.
strange timer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:26 pm:

The picture above is the opposite side of the disk. Those spots do not show any wear. There are four small dots also that are sunk way in.
Below is a picture (I hope) of the other side of the disk. The shiny spot at the top of the disk is the spot I was saying you can feel some wear if you rub you finger across it.

\image(flat side of disk}

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:45 pm:

I will try the picture of the opposite side again.

opposite side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 06:46 pm:

You will have to drag the picture to the left to see the contact spot in the disk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

OK, I'll give ya a jingle tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:12 am:

Tim; The picture makes it look like the contact spot has a deep dish, it doesn't. I didn't think there was a dish until I rubbed my finger across it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 10:27 am:

The SPAD has been spoken for.

picture

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration