FS: 28 Chevy Engine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS: 28 Chevy Engine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin C. on Tuesday, February 07, 2017 - 11:29 pm:

For Sale is a somewhat complete 1928 Chevy engine. It is missing the exhaust manifold and intake manifold, carb and valve cover. The engine is stuck but looking in thru the plug holes all of the cylinders are clean with no rust. All of the valves move free. I would guess it is a light piston stick. It sat on a dirt floor for a long time so the oil pan has a hole rusted in the bottom, never had the pan off. It has been in my shop for 12+ years, I was going to use the head and crank for a speedster engine but changed my mind. I will not ship this lump so it would have to be picked up near Cinci / Dayton Ohio. $225. Thanks for looking.Lump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bill Crosby Webster, NY on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 12:53 am:

Kevin, I'm interested. I plan on being in your area next Wednesday and would like to look at your 28 chevy motor.

Bill@cdamachine.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Kevin, nice looking engine and I hope it finds a new home!
That price is very nice!
OR
I wonder if that stout main (crank) shaft is "out" like the ones I have?
Bill, you'll fool around with these engines? I may need to get in touch.

(Message edited by Duey_C on February 11, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin C. on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

Engine has been sold and is on its way to New York. Thanks mtfca.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration