FOR SALE; THREE HOLE HUB CAP WRENCH

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FOR SALE; THREE HOLE HUB CAP WRENCH
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 04:20 am:

THREE HOLE HUB CAP WRENCH; $20.00. The wrench appears to be in good condition with no cracks or repairs found. Please include $6.80 shipping.
Dave Huson, 2116 Charro Ave. Longmont, Co. 80504
Phone 303-774-9246

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim magill on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 07:12 am:

Dave, is this a ford script wrench or a ford wrench? I will take it. Thanks Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 08:44 am:

As always, an hour late! Looking for a 3-hole hubcap wrench myself! PM me anyone, if you have one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Be careful on those! There are a lot of Chev. wrenches around that are not correct for a T. Do your homework first.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Easy way to tell a Chev wrench. The hubcap hole is hexagonal. A T needs an octagonal hubcap hole. If the wrench Dave had was the one in a photo of his recent purchases, it had a hexagonal hubcap hole.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

Allan,
Just curious to what year Chev caps would be hexagonal? I know next to nothing about them, except I have two sitting on my desk. They are octagonal. They measure 1 7/8" across the flats. Just happened to find this picture on the web. Identical to mine.
Cheers!Chev hubcap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 07:52 am:

David, I learn something on this forum every day. I fronted the counter at a T model shop with two three hole wrenches, thinking I had at last found one for my 1912 T. Then I spotted the hexagonal hole and was told that the wrench was for a Chev. I have believed that ever since. Your photo shatters that belief. Perhaps they were for a different Chev, or something completely different.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, February 09, 2017 - 08:04 am:

I checked Dave Huson's post for his wire wheel hubs and the three hole wrench does indeed have an octagonal hubcap hole. My mistake Dave. Sorry. However it does not have the round hole with the two flats for the outer bearing cone, so is not for a T, but then Dave never said it was.

I eventually found the correct one for my 1912. The hubcap end is wider than the rest of the wrench. from that end it then tapers out, getting wider again at the other end.

Allan from down under.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration