SWANTED; BENDIX CORE END

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: SWANTED; BENDIX CORE END
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 01:51 pm:

DOES ANYONE KNOW A SOURCE FOR THE END OF A BENDIX CORE? I DON'T need the 5021SL Bendix sleeve I have plenty of them. I need the other end that SCREWS on. Please see the picture of the cores below for the threads on the core upped end of the picture.

cores with bare threads

The sleeve I need has threads on the inside and
two holes in the side.

threaded sleeve

I have looked through my catalogs and do not find a source for these sleeves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Hagerty on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Dave,
This may be a dumb question, why or how is it the fifth one from the left has threads opposite the others?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 03:54 pm:

Dave Hu...
The Bendix name of that part is "Stop Nut".
Dave Ha...
Model T's have a left hand "drive shaft" screw thread.
The right hand one shown fifth from the left is not for a Model T Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

David Hagberty, You have a good eye I must have been asleep when I lined them up. Some of others I have are backward like that one. I will have to take than one out of the box and put it in the box labelled OTHER BENDIXES. obviously that is backward and that is what at least some of the Chevrolets are. I was at a friends house one day and he was working on a chevie and I was surprised to see that the Bendix was to the front of the fly wheel rather than the back like a Ford.
Ron, thanks for the name I didn't even know that.
Do you know any body that is producing them. Some one is because the catalogs are advertising brand new Bendix. I just need to fix up some of the numerous cores that I have. I have enough stop nut to fix up about half a dozen or so cores but none for the ones in the picture.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 12:30 am:

Dave,

Call Chaffin's Garage they have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 01:57 pm:

Mark: I called Chaffin's and they told me that they are called Nose Piece and they did't have them. The new bendixes are made over seas and they have different threads on the cores and the Nose piece so the new nose pieces will not fit my original cores.
So I am still looking for some BENDIX NOSE PIECES.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, February 13, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

My bad. Thought they had them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, February 14, 2017 - 10:12 am:

Mark Thanks anyway, at least I know the name of the piece now.

By the way I can not send or receive emails until my Granddaughter fixes the confusor this week end.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 03:57 pm:

LMDAO Dave, that's a "good one" (granddaughter fix'n your confusor) !!! Ran into a similar incident with my youngest grand son. Couldn't get my "auto-darkening" helmet lense apart to change it, so gave it my garage buddy thinking it'll keep him busy for awhile. Well I no sooner turned my back, MAYBE 2 minutes, and he handed it back w/new lense in it !!! Made me feel like a dumb shit, then laughed my a$$ off, we've created some really good memories out there in the shop. Mentioned it later to my daughter, she said "that's just the way this new generation of kids are now" plus being a wiz at these confusor's. Welcome to the "Ol' Farts Club" Dave, the list is growing everyday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Friday, February 17, 2017 - 01:36 am:

John, I had to laugh at your narrative. I am so lost on all this new electronic stuff. My favorite New Station on local TV has a fellow that talks about some new electronic thing every morning and half the time I don't have a clue what he is talking about.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration