Pan straightening:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Pan straightening:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

If your pan needs a ride to be straightened on a KRW pan jig, Mike will be at the Puyallup swap meet.

Call Mike for details:

mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

Realizing there could be a lot of variables involved, what would a "ball park" guess ($$$) be to have a pan straightened ??? (not including shipping). Also, what would any indicators be that would justify having a pan straightened ??? The pans, other than the hangers, appear to be well made and rigid. So how does a pan get so outta whack ??? Thanks Tom for your valuable time in answering these questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carnegie Spokane, WA on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

$125.00 plus the cost of a snout bushing, which is a few bucks if I recall correctly. Almost all pans are bent in every conceivable way. Snouts bent up down left and right. Radius rod socket bashed in and pulled out and pushed left and right. Rear ball cap socket bowed up or down, left or right. Pan holes misaligned. Entire pan bowed concave or convex. All of the above plus more. I don't know how they get so bent, but I can only recall one that I've ever stuck onto the jig that wasn't bent.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Between a couple friends and me, we're sending 6 or 7 pans, all long noses (1913 & earlier) and one 1909 pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 10:59 am:

The 1909 pan may not fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Albert Lemon on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Thank you Tom, I appreciate the response. Seems like maybe some off roading, going through ditches or possibly falling off a jack could cause a bent pan. Either way it would have to take a hell-of-a jar to bend a pan !!! Hey, there 90+ years old, only god knows what they've been through.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration