Rim Spreader Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Rim Spreader Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Arizona on Thursday, February 16, 2017 - 12:27 pm:

Rim tool for sale. Nice condition. $40. plus shipping.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

I assume for a Model T? Still avaiable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 06:11 pm:

Robert, the tool is used on split rims to collapse the rim when fitting tyres. As such, it is used on 1926-7 T's with wooden spoked 21" wheels.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

Allan,
These were made in different sizes and some are too large to fit a 21" rim. The question is relevant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Arizona on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

Yes, still available and yes, it does fit a 21" rim.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Allen - Conroe, TX on Saturday, February 18, 2017 - 10:41 pm:

Bob....I have the steel fello, wood spoke wheels on my '24.

They're 21"

I'm assuming this would work on them....correct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Linney on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:23 am:

Would this work on a clincher rim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Arizona on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Don and Steve,

I purchased this tool with the idea that these were basically generic. I understand that there are larger sizes as well.

I used it on the 21" demountable rims on my 1926 Buick and it worked fine on them. Since I sold the Buick and my "T" has wire wheels, I have no more use for it.

Don't know if it will fit a clincher rim.

Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Arizona on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 11:58 am:

More Photos:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 12:30 pm:

Bob:
if the rim spreader is still available I will take it ...I will need to know payment details ...thank you Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Arizona on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Sale pending.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, Arizona on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 03:55 pm:

Sold 2-19-17

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 05:25 pm:

Steve, that tool cannot be used on a clincher rim. That was the intention behind my initial response. It is for use on split rims, and only the 26-7 Ts and TT's used those.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

The earlier TT's with the 23" rear wheels (Kelsey and I think Hayes)used a split rim also. I have used a rim jack on them, but I'm not sure if it was bigger than the ones for the 21" rims. Somewhere I have a rim jack that is adjustable to I think 3 different sizes. Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration