For Sale complete 1916 motor and transmission

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: For Sale complete 1916 motor and transmission
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 07:40 pm:

For Sale with possible delivery to Chickasha is a 1916 motor and transmission. The engine has the correct pan with no side ribs, tapered nose and low head. The motor has iron pistons, crank, camshaft, front cover, small pulley, rods and eight two piece valves! The transmission has drums iron no-starter hogs head and gears. The block number is 1,48x,xxx. I have no idea of the condition of the unit, it was removed from the garage of a friend who has passed.
Asking $400. Contact tonybowkerATaol.com You know what to do or call 619-922-3954

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Tony:
I am interested ...is there a charge for delivery to Chickasha ...if not how do I pay for the engine/trans. unit ? ...always an optimist...gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Sunday, February 19, 2017 - 10:59 pm:

Something new every day, I haven't seen a 16 block with the casting date in front of the water inlet before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 11:37 am:

The low head was not attached to the motor when I picked it up, it was in a different location. There is no MADE IN USA on the head, from my info it could it be an early 1912 head?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 02:56 pm:

I don't think that's a casting date. It's a mold mark. The late 14 block I have sitting here has marks in the same place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 03:21 pm:

My neighbor's '15 has the casting date on the left of the inlet also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 03:30 pm:

Does the date start with the letter "M"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, February 20, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

Tony if Gene doesn't take it and you could hold it till April I'm interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 11:08 am:

The engine is sold pending receipt of funds.
Thanks MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

Thanks Tony ...check will be in this afternoons mail via priority mail envelope ...see you at Chickasha swapmeet ...always an optimist...Gene French

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

whats up with that head no ford is it after market??????? charley

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration