FJ - 1925 ? Model T Tudor same family 90 years for $4000 in Tennessee

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FJ - 1925 ? Model T Tudor same family 90 years for $4000 in Tennessee
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Looking on the computer ....

Found this on craigslist:

@ https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6008864086.html

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 10:56 am:

I wish I had found one that complete when I started on mine. The pictures are great for reference.
Jim, thanks for guiding us to this.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 08:22 am:

This Model T has been sold .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 10:00 am:

Hopefully to someone who will preserve it and not turn it into a rat rod. This isn't 2007.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 10:40 am:

The ad is gone...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, February 23, 2017 - 11:00 am:

It is staying " in the family " so to speak ......

The new owner can step up if they wish to be known .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Freighter Jim will be dropping off the T to join Otis, Frank and Clarence in a few days. This T was bought new in 1925 (motor number makes it a March, 1925 T)and driven until 1946 then parked in the barn. Was recently started and sounds good. The car is absolutely untouched for the last 70 plus years and I promised the seller that it would stay that way. I'll only do whatever it takes to make it safe. All the original interior is in tact and the even the headliner has no holes. I'll be needing a few things like tires and tubes and will be making a list as I go through the T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 10:25 am:

This is a picture of the original owner and his wife that bought the car in Georgia in 1925. He was born in 1881 and died in 1956. The car was stored in the barn for 10 years before he died. I'll do my best to keep it the way he left it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 10:33 am:

What a wonderful direction to take it. I will look forward to seeing it on the forum as time goes by.
It found a great home.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:01 am:

John,

Congratulations and glad to hear it will be going to a great home.

Could you repost some pictures when you get down time since the ad has been pulled down. Maybe a post over on the forum would be better. I'm sure people would love to hear about it and see it.

Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 11:38 am:

Good for you John. I like the direction your headed and the story is great. More pics....
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

https://youtu.be/jOrGufKJpuY Hope this works. First time I've tried to put a video on this site. Anyway, here is a short video of the first start in more than 70 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, February 24, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

John,

It has been an interesting day - probably the most fortuitous one for me - your Model T is loaded on my trailer.

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration