Cast iron Holley G

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: Cast iron Holley G
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

Cast iron Holley G carburetor, dual choke arm. Carburetor has been completely disassembled and cleaned. New spray needle, float and venturi. Reassembled and runs well but I had problems getting it to stop leaking. Had a new needle and seat but I lost the needle. I think the gasket was leaking between the seat and body. I had an old needle and got it to hold gas for a few hours before it would finally drip. I'm just going to give up on this one. You are a needle and seat and a paint job away from a good carburetor. Runs great other than the drip. $100 plus $8 shipping

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim KEENEY, on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

i will take it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 10:38 pm:

Ok. PM me or call or message 903-681-2871 thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

Still for sale. Carburetor looks brass in the picture but it's cast iron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, February 26, 2017 - 11:35 pm:

Such a shame as the gasket between the bowl and body should not seal any gas leaks. Once the float is pushed up by the fuel, it should shut off. If it does not, then the needle is leaking. That is the problem. Most seats are reasonably good, but needles are very often rough and need smoothing..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, February 27, 2017 - 12:04 am:

It was the gasket between the needle seat and body leaking. I work on stuff on a desk in my living room and I guess a cat knocked the needle off and I vacuumed it up is all I can guess.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration