FS 26/27 Roadster Pick-up Box, Really Nice Looking

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Classifieds: FS 26/27 Roadster Pick-up Box, Really Nice Looking
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

I have no connection with this at all. Looks really good so I thought I would point it out.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/tls/5987546394.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

bump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 02:57 pm:

So is it 25 or 26-27 or are they all the same?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

Appears to be a '27 as the front stake pockets are set back and no, they are all not the same - '25 is a "one year only".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

Thanks Steve. The add is a bit confusing about that. So if stake pockets are even with end of bed its a 25? In the front.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:36 pm:

25 has rear fender mounts that take a fender iron. This later bed mounts the 26-27 fenders directly to the box..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Apparently, sometime in 1926, it was noticed that one couldn't lower the top if one had sideboards thus by moving the stake pocket rearward a determined amount, side boards & lowering the top was achievable - that's my story & I'm sticking to it !

1925 & 1926 boxes have forward pockets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

Are the 1927-27 Rds fenders the same as pickup?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

26-27

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Yes the roaster fenders are the same on the pickup

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Reed on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 12:44 am:

Thanks. This forum and classified are the best!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 05:02 am:

I just rebuilt a box for my '25 RPU, all I could find was the later box, with the front posts moved back. Thus, I got to learn about these boxes while doing what I could to fit it to my '25. The mounting rails are wider apart for the "improved" car. They are only 32.5" on the '25. I was able to get these rails from Langs and drill out/remove the later rails. I also made the side mounting brackets so now have a hybrid bed. As has been pointed out, the later bed with the stake pockets moved back, is more room to fit stakes. Factory RPU's were not fitted with the top irons that hold the top in the down position, as it just sits on the bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, March 02, 2017 - 10:35 am:

The only parts that are the same as a 1925 for 26-27 is the tailgate, and the battery access door. Even the bed strips are different, with a convex center. Steve Jelf posted a photo of these a few weeks ago.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration